Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - January 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Where to start? So many horrible performances. Yandle was terrible, brass was horrible, Nash was non existent, Miller was brain dead, I can go on and on. Kreider was the only player who I could actually say wow he played alright. Also the gods sake tanner glass played alright, and when he is one of our top players you know we are in trouble.

Diego

Jan 17, 2016
Ugh

Been reading this forum for a while.
Finally registered.
Hope I can keep up with the rest of you.

My first comment: This team, and the operation behind it, starting to look very Dolan-esque.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Finally registered.

My first comment: This team, and the operation behind it, starting to look very Dolan-esque.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy all of us here at HFNYR trying to endure the **** show known as the New York Rangers. :handclap:

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Finally registered.

Welcome to the madhouse :laugh:

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Where to start? So many horrible performances. Yandle was terrible, brass was horrible, Nash was non existent, Miller was brain dead, I can go on and on. Kreider was the only player who I could actually say wow he played alright. Also the gods sake tanner glass played alright, and when he is one of our top players you know we are in trouble.

This. I hope Kreider has "turned the corner", as it were, and found his game. Even before yesterday, however, he has seemed much more engaged and passionate. I hope that continues. Though I never cared for Glass prior to this season (I'm being gentle), he has grown on me, as he understands his role on the team and perfectly executes it. What more can you ask of a player?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Could you imagine if they didnt make the playoffs ?! Ugh who's gonna knock us out ? The devils? The penguins? You're right we should make it but then we need this team for hank to be a God and brass and Zuke to come up big

At this rate, were not making the playoffs... Isles, devils, penguins, and even the freaking hurricanes are playing better hockey than us...

I know its game 40 something, but this has been going on since DAY ONE of the season...

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
The worst part is we're not doing anything to improve the team. Everyone is still delusional that this is just a slump. 30 game slump. The coaching staff isn't making adjustments, the players are still floating, management is still confident in the group and the coaches. The only change up we'll see will come in the off season in April.

This x1000.

I lose sleep over this.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
5 shots, an assist on a crucial goal, and dominated the Ovechkin-Backstrom line. = bad game

Question: is every game Nash doesn't score a bad game? Because then he could score 41 goals and still have a mediocre season. :laugh:

Another game the Rangers give up 5 goals and people single out Nash.

No, but in no way was Nash "fantastic" this game. He was one that didn't suck though!

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
When you're a 75% possession player against the Capitals, limit Ovechkin to 1 scoring chance, 0 5-on-5 points, while putting up an assist of your own, you had a very good game in my opinion. Backstrom's line had 0 5-on-5 points.

Brassard's line was good possession-wise as well, but they had lesser matchups, took stupid penalties, and made costly turnovers.

Brassard was mentioned 4 times, included quoted posts, in this PGT. Miller 9 times, several of which weren't even about him, but making a point about Nash.

Last edited:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
This x1000.

I lose sleep over this.

Coaching staff needs to feel the heat. Gorton needs to take away the management power he AV was instilled regarding the players he wants, and then start making decisions on his own. AV is going to have to either do what he's told or be fired... That's it.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
This x1000.

I lose sleep over this.

Believe me it's sickening and aggravating. The coach will keep sitting Mac once Klein is back. Yandle should be out already if this charade is gonna continue get a scorer. They have no snipers. They can't defend a lick when Staal can't move his feet or see down near his feet due to the eye and that tinted visor like he's wearing a helmet with Mercedes Benz like windows in front of his face I mean no wonder he can't see pucks near his feet he must think it's night time. Girardi wouldn't be bagged on as much if he was a third paired d making a couple million but he's eating up a lot of cap and you know what? All you guys wanna blame guys like G and Staal and understand I'm not talking to anyone particular but the gm is the idiot that overpaid. Even stepan. Horrible season for a 6.5 million a year center, inexcusable. On pace for 35 points in 70+ games with that much money? Jeez. This team should've taken a flier too on Steve Moses when NSH wanted to cut ties with him. Guy can score over in Europe and I know all the reasons why you all will say he scores over there but you know what? He's a sniper. This team hasn't won a cup yet in the last four elite years because the scoring dries up due to the long playoff runs like in the regular season. Now Kreider is alive and well? Took 46 games huh Chris? Now the rest of the roster can't score. Scoring droughts kill them. The coach also doesn't help with his idiotic moves. Down two goals in that game with under ten to go in that game and I understand glass was playing well but was he seriously gonna roll the fourth line over three other 'scoring' lines under ten to go?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
When you're a 75% possession player against the Capitals, limit Ovechkin to 1 scoring chance, 0 5-on-5 points, while putting up an assist of your own, you had a very good game in my opinion. Backstrom's line had 0 5-on-5 points.

Brassard's line was good possession-wise as well, but they had lesser matchups, took stupid penalties, and made costly turnovers.

Brassard was mentioned 4 times, included quoted posts, in this PGT. Miller 9 times, several of which weren't even about him, but making a point about Nash.

We need to make this a new advanced stat

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Brassard scored 2 whole more points than Nash in the playoffs, and his thread was like the ancient Rome for dust bunnies last year.

Not only that, but Brassard was considered extremely clutch and it went down as a signature NYR playoff performance.

And I'm not going to take that away from him. That hatrick in game 6 was legendary and he ****ing slaughtered Johnson AND Stamkos head to head in possession.

But still, two point difference.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Ghastly shrouded ghost-like figure appears in players area and whispers into ear of James Dolan who is aimlessly wandering around looking for a new rhythm guitarist.
"We're still in it". Says the eerie being
Dolan calls Gorton to his office later that day...

Oh Boy

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Ghastly shrouded ghost-like figure appears in players area and whispers into ear of James Dolan who is aimlessly wandering around looking for a new rhythm guitarist.
"We're still in it". Says the eerie being
Dolan calls Gorton to his office later that day...

Oh Boy

I wonder if this is wishful thinking on your part, or something you've heard.

Hmmm....I'm going to go with the latter on this one. Mostly because I'm dying for a move to be made, lol.

Wonder who it's gonna be (and what we're gonna get) that'll make sure we remain "still in it".

We have no Cap Space, so it's gonna have to be a big salary that's moved (or multiple smaller salaries) if we're to get back a piece that can help us to the Playoffs. It'd piss off alot of people that want picks and to rebuild the farm...but it's exciting nonetheless.

:crossfing

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Hmm. What to say without being too pessimistic. We need to trade one of the "old un's" to shake things up a bit. The players are far too comfortable that they'll retain their space in the roster even though they're playing like 2million players. Nash, Step, Hayes, Staal, Girardi and Yandle all need a good kick up their behinds but I am not sure if that is going to be done.

LA got rid of a lot of great talent and it took one season until they were back - I wish we had someone who could make tough decisions like that. Nash is not the talent he once was and needs moving. I'm sure CBJ would take him.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
We have no Cap Space, so it's gonna have to be a big salary that's moved (or multiple smaller salaries) if we're to get back a piece that can help us to the Playoffs. It'd piss off alot of people that want picks and to rebuild the farm...but it's exciting nonetheless.
We cant do ***** really :)

Our big contracts probably arn't going anywhere (primarily Nash, Step, Staal and Girardi). There is also Hank of course, but i'd never recommend to trade him. Then there is Boyle, who should be off the books by seasons end (not that that is much comfort at present).

The only two other players (at least off the top of my head) to make north of 4 million a year are Brass and Zucc.

Trading anyone earning less would likely be very counterproductive, as you'd have to trade a number of them to free up any cash of note, and that will leave holes in the lineup.

Ideally, we'd manage to trade Girardi (i know.. fat chance), and get rid of Boyle (again, fat chance), that would open up for McI who needs to play to get comfortable. Just giving him a game or two a month isn't doing him any favors.

But yeah.. i dont see what we can do really *shrugs*

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Yeah but Nash dominated Ovie in corsi. #MoralVictories

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
We'll be out of the Top 8 soon with Boston, Tampa and Pittsburgh all playing better if this bull**** continues. What a ****ing garbage season.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
One of the basic rules of being a defenseman is always be between your guy and the net. The Rangers don't seem to get this. All. Year. Long. Especially lately on the PK

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
One of the other basic rules they don't get is not allowing passes through the "box" on the PK. Two straight games teams have made tic-tac passes through the middle against our PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad