Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals Game 6 | 5/10/15 | 7pm (MOD WARNING FOR ALL IN POST #3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Way to come out tough in front of your home crowd with a chance to win it Caps.

I expect nothing less from this group of losers.

I need a new hobby because my hobby shouldn't make me so damn angry and stressed all the time. Which is what the Caps do.

**** this team. 15 years of watching this garbage. I'm sick of it.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Lost it 3 years ago. Won't get it back until real changes are made.

The first real change is a complete coach. One who can coach defense but also can coach some semblance of a passing puck possession game. That 6 on 4 was symbolic of the **** passing game of this team. They simply do not move the puck crisply enough nor is there enough creative movement off the puck to be a conference finals team.

Everybody thinks " oh we need more toughness" or "oh we need more size" every year after we lose a playoff series. We have now had it all with the same results. Nope, we need a good, well coached hockey team that moves the puck well in both zones.

Last edited by a moderator:

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Brouwer needs to go, completely sick of him.

PP at the end needed to be

Ward - Backstrom - Chimera
Ovechkin - Green

ES: Kuznetsov

Brouwer and Carlson especially need to be off the top PP unit, an absolute hinderance.

Also this team needs to get its head out of its arse for the first period, every game we have been diabolical in the first and tonight it really bit us, no excuses for an absolute lack of effort.

A positive was Chimera - Kuznetsov - Ward and I hope we keep that line together, I would like to see one of Burakovsky or Glencross with Ovechkin and Backstrom, go with a third line of Johansson - Beagle - Wilson, bring Latta in for Laich or Brouwer (which won't happen). It has taken me till this point to realise how important Fehr truly is to this team.

The comeback was a fantastic effort, Green and Ovechkin showed glimmers. Kuzya, Ward and Chimera all showed up, Holtby wasn't great but we can't pin this on him in any way. The overall effort felt like numerous Caps game 7's. This Rangers team is not that good, put some damn effort in during the first period and I do think we will win.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
****ing "just enough" culture on display. Trotz's biggest test of the year in removing these entrenched habits is upcoming....
He's already proven he'll just leave it up to them or chance to fix it. The coaching staff did nothing in the second half of the season to ramp up their execution.

The static PP probably ought to be scraped. Enough's enough with it. It's had a good, long productive run in the regular season but it consistently fades once the opposition crashes harder in the playoffs. Overall they need to be way quicker, better at protecting the puck and have movement away from the puck.

I don't know that Backstrom can be a Cup type 1C. Johansson isn't making himself any more essential either.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Perhaps a refresher on icing is needed for the NHL refs. Two no calls in the last minute, a no call early on that lead to a score. Only the NHL could be so bush league that it would have one of the easiest and most fundamental calls be repeatedly butchered by it's officials. This would be like MLB umps calling a ball that is clearly foul fair 3 separate times in a game, it's that big of a joke.

tmljeh19*

This team is unbelievable. Even down 4-1 with ten minutes to go they somehow make a game of it and get their fans hopes up only not to finish the deal. I don't get how they can just turn it on like they did in the third...and if you can turn it on, where is the intensity the whole game? This franchise is so heartbreaking.

They play with no urgency or heart until it's too late. They never play with that intensity until it's too late.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Perhaps a refresher on icing is needed for the NHL refs. Two no calls in the last minute, a no call early on that lead to a score. Only the NHL could be so bush league that it would have one of the easiest and most fundamental calls be repeatedly butchered by it's officials. This would be like MLB umps calling a ball that is clearly foul fair 3 separate times in a game, it's that big of a joke.
Good luck with that. They call it 20 different ways within a game starting in the preseason.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
2 straight one goal losses in elimination games. Zero points in either. No points in 4 straight games. Fantastic.

He made three golden passes to set up people for good chances in third. He knocked other team's captain out of the game with a legal hit. He got around their D for a grade A shot which Lundy stuffed.

I thought 8 played really well. Ward and Kuz and Alzner too.

Niskanen, Holtby and Backstrom didn't have their strongest games, IMO.

Hey, Rangers gotta win 4, just like we do.

First goal on Wed night will be a big big deal. I don't expect another high-scoring game. It oughta be super tense. Fun!

Kidding about the fun.

Everybody in the world expects Rags to win Game 7. Not me. I like our chances.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
They play with no urgency or heart until it's too late. They never play with that intensity until it's too late.

It's not just urgency or intensity. It's that the Rangers started sitting back. They let the Capitals come at them, and it cost them big time. The Capitals need to find a way through the neutral zone with possession more consistently.

tmljeh19*

The first real change is a complete coach. One who can coach defense but also can coach some semblance of a passing puck possession game. That 6 on 4 was symbolic of the **** passing game of this team. They simply do not move the puck crisply enough nor is there enough creative movement off the puck to be a conference finals team.

Everybody thinks " oh we need more toughness" or "oh we need more size" every year after we lose a playoff series. We have now had it all with the same results. Nope, we need a good, well coached hockey team that moves the puck well in both zones.

I've said all along this organization needs a GM with no ties to any of these players and a coach who knows what it takes to finish the job and win a cup. What did they end up with? Their old GMs right hand man and a coach who never made it out of round 2. Not sure why anyone expected different results this time around.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010

How many times are we going to blame the coach? they aren't magicians. Its the players. Its the friggin' core, a bunch of mentally feeble players. And that permeates throughout the roster.

We have to go down 2+ goals for them to put good effort. Thats telling. And I don't think thats on the coaches.

You just can't coach this group to put in that type of effort day in and day out. Can't.

Its about time we start pointing the finger at the players and not the coaches (though the roster is far from being adequate).

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
110. Number of seconds away from the Eastern Conference Finals. That'll be what I remember.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
And now we have to wait 3 days only to get ****ing killed in game 7. I wish it would be tomorrow so we could get it ****ing over with.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
i hope backstrom and ovechkin arent on the same line in game 7, i know they will be but they haven't had much chemistry all playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad