Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens - Sat 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Big game tomorrow to get back on track and maintain first in the Northeast! Looking forward to the return of BGally and the new look lines.

No Rick Nash again for the Rangers tomorrow.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I'll be there! Cool! I'm sure this game will be more intense than last one between the 2 teams. 2 games in few days between the same 2 teams is always fun.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We might lose this one. The rangers will come out crashing and banging really hard like a torts team. Habs will get caught in the first and will comeback stronger in the 2-3. Prust will have another strong game

sp33d

Dec 28, 2005
We might lose this one. The rangers will come out crashing and banging really hard like a torts team. Habs will get caught in the first and will comeback stronger in the 2-3. Prust will have another strong game

rangers don't really crash or bang, they play a defensive style game...

any word if gally is a go?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The element of surprise won't be there when the Habs meet the Rangers within days after their first meeting. Both teams will have learned something and I doubt the Habs resort to repeated icing as a strategy. Rick Nash won't be there as a game changer and if Brendan Gallagher is fit the Habs will have another arrow in their quiver. I hope the Habs learned from playing the Isles that having the superior record doesn't mean much at faceoff time and that having success against one team doesn't necessarily translate into comparable success against another.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
rangers don't really crash or bang, they play a defensive style game...

any word if gally is a go?

He will have to get clearance tomorrow but with him practicing on a line with DD and Pac, I assume the clearance is expected.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The 3 key factors for a Habs win:

1)Fix the special teams, at least gain the zone on the PP
2)Use last change to give Galch (and Gally if hes back) tons of icetime, they've come a long way since the first few games, let them loose at home
3)Give the Subban-Boullion Pairing more time, Reduce the Markov-Emelin pairing. The latter needs to play softer minutes, and it will help them get back into good form.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Big game tomorrow to get back on track and maintain first in the Northeast! Looking forward to the return of BGally and the new look lines.

No Rick Nash again for the Rangers tomorrow.

I've been in a cave since angrily turning off my tv after last night's game, what are these new look lines you speak of? Thanks!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I've been in a cave since angrily turning off my tv after last night's game, what are these new look lines you speak of? Thanks!

haha, so have I until HF lured me back just now. Actually heading to MTL tomorrow to catch the game so better win, particularly after last night and the fact that we have a huge road sched ahead. Best to remember what the BC sounds like when we get a big win.

So, Nash out - beneficial to us
Anderson out - beneficial to us (on Monday) BUT also beneficial to Leafs tomorrow. They need to start losing some games. I'll say one thing about them: They capitaliza and score when it counts. Refs handed them that game at the end of the third, but to their credit they scored on the 5 on 3.

We've got to do that. Must win special teams battle vs. NYR!

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Might not even tune in. For the first time in over a decade, I may just pass up a Habs game to see the Lachine Maroons. Yikes.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Winning this game would clinch the season's series against the Rangers. That would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad