Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Canadiens (11/23/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Dis a joke, right? Y u bench Jesper after that game, Alani? Y u do dis 2 us?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
@AGrossRecord: Lee Stempniak skating on fourth line today with Dom Moore and Tanner Glass. Looks like Jesper Fast may be the extra.

No words.

eafWT61.gif

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I hope and wish for a Canadiens loss every single time they play, and not simply against the Rangers, though it is obviously much more passionate when it's the Rangers.

Maybe the Habs are lucky. If that is the case, and I am not saying that it is myself, then I think it would be fair to say that they are making a lot of that luck through their efforts. Say what you will about them, but if you can't or won't correlate their results with their strong skating attack (constant attack) and mostly excellent goaltending from Price, I think you are missing something.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
AV sees Jesper Fast and Tanner Glass, side by side, in the same exact role. One made things happen in all three zones, and the other.............didn't. To be nice.

How Glass is still in this ****ing lineup I'll never understand.

Unless he's mercilessly beating the **** out of Gallagher in a way that somehow doesn't give us a penalty, he's ****ing useless.

BarbaraAlphanse

AV sees Jesper Fast and Tanner Glass, side by side, in the same exact role. One made things happen in all three zones, and the other.............didn't. To be nice.

How Glass is still in this ****ing lineup I'll never understand.

Unless he's mercilessly beating the **** out of Gallagher in a way that somehow doesn't give us a penalty, he's ****ing useless.

The only rationale I still see behind it is that he is the team's "insurance" against a team that tries to take liberties against our top players.

AHB*

The only rationale I still see behind it is that he is the team's "insurance" against a team that tries to take liberties against our top players.

There are so many better fits IN THE SYSTEM than rolling Glass out there night after night. Why the **** isn't JT Miller playing in that wing role, or how about Fast after his good effort.

What the **** kind of message do you send to your players when then play a fantastic game, in all three zones, helping your team to end a losing streak, then you ****ing bench them?

No words. I'm an AV apologist and until the end of the season, seeing where we finish, I'll continue to be, but this is just disgusting, not only because of the awful decision, but because of the kind of message he is sending to the talented youth in our system.

BarbaraAlphanse

That's some ****** rationale.

So no rationale at all.

Not saying it is a good rationale.

I think he should only be played against slower more brutish teams w/ less talent - i.e. the Flyers.

Ideal bottom 2 lines:

Either

Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Lindberg-Moore-Fast

or

Miller-Hayes-Stempniak
Hagelin-Moore-Fast

BarbaraAlphanse

There are so many better fits IN THE SYSTEM than rolling Glass out there night after night. Why the **** isn't JT Miller playing in that wing role, or how about Fast after his good effort.

What the **** kind of message do you send to your players when then play a fantastic game, in all three zones, helping your team to end a losing streak, then you ****ing bench them?

No words. I'm an AV apologist and until the end of the season, seeing where we finish, I'll continue to be, but this is just disgusting, not only because of the awful decision, but because of the kind of message he is sending to the talented youth in our system.

I'm definitely not in support of this... especially against more talented and less physical teams.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'll continue to be, but this is just disgusting, not only because of the awful decision, but because of the kind of message he is sending to the talented youth in our system.

I didn't even think of this.

What does that tell you if you're Jesper Fast? You play a great game in all three zones, but your ****** linemate who played a clearly worse game gets to stay in, for something as arbitrary and unimportant as "toughness".

Last edited:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Fast had a good game I thought. Don't see why Glass would stay in over him.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
ROFL

Stop trying to make Miller happen. It won't.

And it certainly never will happen on the ****ing fourth line that starts most shifts in the defensive zone, with the goal of defending against top players.

*Bob Richards*

Glass lives! lol

But seriously, please beat this ****ing team. Chris Kreider hat trick.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If Prust doesn't break Stepan's jaw, that's proof that Glass is a deterrent.

I thought Duclair would be coming out of the lineup, so I'm a little relieved.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
And it certainly never will happen on the ****ing fourth line that starts most shifts in the defensive zone, with the goal of defending against top players.
Nah, you're thinking of last year's fourth line. This year's starts nearly as many shifts in the offensive zone and plays against by far the weakest competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad