Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
So far this season, we lost one and we won one. Let's win the series and knock them out of the playoffs. I really don't want to face a big, tough, experienced team in the playoffs. Even if we beat them, which we probably would, I don't want the team looking black and blue after only the first round because we had to play Lucic, Chara, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfy*

Don't worry, we have Zucci the enforcer ;)

But Rangers success without tough guys proves that we don't really need them in this game, so wipe the Bruins off the playoffs.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The toughness narrative with Boston is outdated. The only big forward on the whole team is Lucic.

BB58

Dec 26, 2010
Cave
Which Rangers team will show up??? The one from yesterday or Kings game.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We were bad against the Kings, but it happens. Playing 82 games, is just too much to be fully focused each game. We lost to the Kings and it was our wake-up call. I am confident in us beating the Bruins.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Which Rangers team will show up??? The one from yesterday or Kings game.

Seeing as how we have one multi-goal loss in two months, I'll go with the former.

The Rangers have their issues like any other team, but they are disgustingly consistent.

Wolfy*

We were bad against the Kings, but it happens.

We just can't solve the Kings. Hopefully we don't face them in the playoffs again, they're not out of it yet.

Wonder if Hank is back in net tomorrow. Talbot is playing so well it's tough to bench him, but he's still the backup.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We just can't solve the Kings. Hopefully we don't face them in the playoffs again, they're not out of it yet.

Wonder if Hank is back in net tomorrow. Talbot is playing so well it's tough to bench him, but he's still the backup.

We beat the Kings earlier this season. I don't think they are out kryptonite.

TrueBlue9

Apr 23, 2007
Lundqvist tweeted he is wearing a new mask tomorrow. Not sure why that is news if he is planning to sit on the bench...

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Yea, I never had any doubt that Lundqvist would play on Saturday. Looking forward to this one. Rask has been off his game lately, hopefully we can get to him early

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Say what you will about the decline of the Bruins.
I recall watching a highly skilled Vancouver Canucks team be bludgeoned into submission by the Bruins, with the full blessing of the officials.
Not the same Bruins you say? Same mentality.

Sometimes, like in the playoffs when whistles get rusty from lack of use, might IS right. I don't champion that. I recognize reality.
I actually do believe that the Rangers can overcome the Bruins brand of hockey, because I fully believe that the Rangers would not wilt like that finesse Canucks team did. The Bruins brand of physicality is a shadow of what the LA Kings physicality and okay-by-the-refs intervention is.
The Kings will beat the Rangers again if the teams meet. The Rangers should beat the Bruins if they meet.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Say what you will about the decline of the Bruins.
I recall watching a highly skilled Vancouver Canucks team be bludgeoned into submission by the Bruins, with the full blessing of the officials.
Not the same Bruins you say? Same mentality.

Sometimes, like in the playoffs when whistles get rusty from lack of use, might IS right. I don't champion that. I recognize reality.
I actually do believe that the Rangers can overcome the Bruins brand of hockey, because I fully believe that the Rangers would not wilt like that finesse Canucks team did. The Bruins brand of physicality is a shadow of what the LA Kings physicality and okay-by-the-refs intervention is.
The Kings will beat the Rangers again if the teams meet. The Rangers should beat the Bruins if they meet.

The Bruins currently have 4 players above 6' 2"...............4. McQuaid (garbage), Chara (declining hard), Lucic, and Soderberg.

Their size and physicality are so overrated.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Broadcast information has been removed from the thread title. It will be included in the GDT tomorrow.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Bruins currently have 4 players above 6' 2"...............4. McQuaid (garbage), Chara (declining hard), Lucic, and Soderberg.

Their size and physicality are so overrated.

What I am saying is that physical play does help teams that can do it. As it was, is, and shall be in hockey.

I'm not calling the Bruins a great team. I am saying that if they get to the playoffs, their physical style of play will be more of an advantage because referees seem to let more things go.

The LA Kings are the team the Bruins wish they were. As I said earlier, if the Rangers meet the Kings, I think the Kings would win. Against the Bruins?

As for this game, yeah I do think the Rangers are better and should win, but I don't know why people dismiss the Bruins.
You might be way smarter than me, wouldn't be hard :)

Last edited:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
My buddy has free tickets to the Islanders game so I'm going to that, hope to see some nice score updates while watching the Ducks hopefully beat the Islanders.

Last edited:

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
These are getting better...

Wtsj2zZ.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not saying negative about Hank and he needs to come back some day but is anyone a bit uneasy about this particular game? He must have some rust. I'm a bit worried about one thing, last time he had a long term injury he was horrendous. Now, that was his rookie year and that was a much worse team, plus supposedly he had migraines, but I really hope that's not going to be close to the case this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad