GDT: Rangers @ Brooklyners - 2/15/18 - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Halak has been tough on the Rangers since he first came into the league in 2007.

I expect tonight to be ugly. Rangers always sleepwalk against the Islanders. Barzal will probably score in the first two minutes.

Whatever happens just get through the game in one piece.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
If you're a Rangers fan (or claim to be) there isn't a chance in hell you root for them to lose this game.

It's the Islanders.

****ing win.
Hurting the Isles chances for a better pick or giving them a loss. Either way it's a win...They're a dumpster fire and they'll win nothing substantial this year. If they lose Tavares then they won't be winning anything at all anytime soon either. Idc if they win a meaningless Feb game to help them wallow in mediocrity

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think they'll come out ok. Young kids going up against young kids, expect a good pace. Think Isles still score first but it won't be a sleepwalk.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I'm rooting for a loss as well.

I can't really fathom or understand this logic, especially in a league with a draft lottery. Losing out, 'tanking' doesn't guarantee you anything.

This is also their arch rival of the Rangers. Did you grow up in this area? It's way more personal for those who grew up here/currently live here.

That being said, even though it's the Islanders, I would never root for my team to lose against anyone.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
As am I.

Losing tonight would more or less be the nail in the coffin of the "resurgence" that AV and the playoff crowd are hoping for. I won't say its impossible, but it's close and losing is better long term.

Management settled this last week.

The open letter was to let the fans know they are going to be selling major pieces at the deadline and will be making deals around draft time.

The Rangers aren't out of a playoff spot, and could very well get in. Anything can happen, and they are aware of this. However, losing doesn't do anything to help them in the position they are currently in.

Rooting for your team to lose in a world with a draft lottery system is ridiculous. You and other fans are just trying to satisfy some urge to see the team completely crash and burn because they aren't meeting the expectations you want them too.

If losing out had actual benefits, as in, the last place team gets the top pick, I could understand. The reason they don't do this is to deter teams from doing this. We can rebuild during and after the season without actually losing every single game.

We're all fans of the team, and we love them. How can you root for them to lose?

I am open to hearing some logical reasoning to help me understand this thought process amongst some here.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Halak has been tough on the Rangers since he first came into the league in 2007.

I expect tonight to be ugly. Rangers always sleepwalk against the Islanders. Barzal will probably score in the first two minutes.

Whatever happens just get through the game in one piece.
I'm not even hoping for a win. At this point our Rangers just showing up against this stupid team would be a nice change.

The Rangers' "I'll let my little brother win because he's so pathetic" attitude in these games HAS to end.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I can't really fathom or understand this logic, especially in a league with a draft lottery. Losing out, 'tanking' doesn't guarantee you anything.

This is also their arch rival of the Rangers. Did you grow up in this area? It's way more personal for those who grew up here/currently live here.

That being said, even though it's the Islanders, I would never root for my team to lose against anyone.
I am rooting for them to lose too.

I'll save you the embarrassment of going back a few games (prior to the letter.. maybe vs Boston?) where you posted that you DID IN FACT want them to lose.

But hey we all have our moments.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I am rooting for them to lose too.

I'll save you the embarrassment of going back a few games (prior to the letter.. maybe vs Boston?) where you posted that you DID IN FACT want them to lose.

But hey we all have our moments.

I did post a hashtag in jest saying #LOSEFORHUGHES2018, hope you weren't taking that seriously...

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
Management settled this last week.

The open letter was to let the fans know they are going to be selling major pieces at the deadline and will be making deals around draft time.

The Rangers aren't out of a playoff spot, and could very well get in. Anything can happen, and they are aware of this. However, losing doesn't do anything to help them in the position they are currently in.

Rooting for your team to lose in a world with a draft lottery system is ridiculous. You and other fans are just trying to satisfy some urge to see the team completely crash and burn because they aren't meeting the expectations you want them too.

If losing out had actual benefits, as in, the last place team gets the top pick, I could understand. The reason they don't do this is to deter teams from doing this. We can rebuild during and after the season without actually losing every single game.

We're all fans of the team, and we love them. How can you root for them to lose?

I am open to hearing some logical reasoning to help me understand this thought process amongst some here.

Because I don't want management to all of a sudden change their philosophy at the trade deadline. Losing the next couple of games will solidify that they will follow through with that process. Go on a 3 game win streak now and i can see them all of a sudden becoming buyers. I will be cheering for them to lose 7-6 with Nash and Grabner each getting a hat trick. Once they actually trade away some players and recoup some picks for the future, i will once again start cheering for them to win each and every game with their young lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad