Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blackhawks, Game 1 10/07 8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

It's finally here tomorrow, opening night, it's the real deal :)

So after all this talk about our team and players, are we good enough to beat the Champions in their building? Toughest start possible..

AV: Failure is not an option, it's the Stanley Cup or bust!

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Hayes
Miller-Lindberg-Stalberg
Moore-Stoll-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

Lundqvist

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
It'll be a tough game against a very good team. On one hand it's better they play this game so early, but on the other I wish the team had some more time to gel, particularly Hayes the RWer and the new look 3rd line.

Rangers/Hawks always seem to be entertaining games over the last 3 or so years, except that one game where Marty's 5 hole had a malfunction :laugh:.

I'm gonna say we'll see 4 or 5 combined goals in the game. Let's hope it's a W for the good guys and a 5-0 shutout for Hank :nod:.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Hawks have looked scary good at stretches this preseason. Dani is in the AHL, but Teuvo and Panarin both in the top 6. That's a lot of skill.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
hi.

hawks gdt maker here checking on line combos.

was there any reason given why the rangers aren't doing a morning skate tomorrow?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It'll be a tough game against a very good team. On one hand it's better they play this game so early, but on the other I wish the team had some more time to gel, particularly Hayes the RWer and the new look 3rd line.

Rangers/Hawks always seem to be entertaining games over the last 3 or so years, except that one game where Marty's 5 hole had a malfunction :laugh:.

I'm gonna say we'll see 4 or 5 combined goals in the game. Let's hope it's a W for the good guys and a 5-0 shutout for Hank :nod:.

I remember someone after that game wrote the funniest thing something to the effect of : "Marty Biron unfortunately was so distraught after tonight's loss that he threw himself onto the subway tracks after the game. Thankfully he stood up and the train passed right between his legs and he was unharmed.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Gonna be a great game tomorrow. Two excellent teams (and legit Stanley Cup contenders) duking it out, and best of all, it's an Original Six!

To be honest, so long as it's a good game I don't care if we lose. Either way, what a way to start the new NHL season!

Wolfy*

hi.

hawks gdt maker here checking on line combos.

was there any reason given why the rangers aren't doing a morning skate tomorrow?

I believe they have already arrived up there, flight departed a couple of hours ago. I'm sure there will be an optional skate tomorrow in the afternoon, as they always have on game days.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Don't get me wrong, I hope we win, but it's the first game of the year. If we lose it's not exactly the end of the world.

The first regular season game is just as important as the last. Win the first and maybe now you have that 2 point cushion at the end of the year and don't need to win the last to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad