GDT: Rangers at Wings | February 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
If Raymond is back and Fabbri is good to go I would scratch Kubalik for Raymond and then scratch Sunny for Zadina. Would have to also waive someone and I think it has to be a d-man (hagg, lindstrom, osterle). Would like to see these lines:

Bert-Larkin-Berggren
Vrana-Copp-Raymond
Fabbri-Veleno- Perron
Zadina-Suter-Rass

Line 1: I think for the 1st line Berggren could be a guy that can find both Larkin and Bert and hopefully they can capitalize on his great feeds.

Line 2: intrigued by a Raymond and vrana pairing and I think have a pivot in Copp with size and good defensive play is a good fit

Line 3: this line could feed off of 3rd pairing D and maybe other teams 4th lines. Have energy with Veleno and Fabbri and then veteran guy in perron who is good at puck protecting.

Line 4: Suter has been super solid and him and Zadina have been good together. I think using Rass here gives a similar look to what Sunny does there but it’s an upgraded look. Again I think they can take advantage of other teams bottom line and bottom pairing

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
If this was consistently how it was punished I'd have no issue. Accident or not you're responsible for your stick.

It's the inconsistencies that bug me
Yeah, that's my problem with it. That stuff doesn't always get fined.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
NHL fines need to be percentage based. $5K hurts a guy making league min, but does nothing for the guys at the top.

Take a page out of Finland's speeding tickets.

Reactions: izlez

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'd be fine with that.
In talking over the fine, I have arrived at the perfect maximum fine amount. Whatever salary would be lost if said player was suspended 1 game. So you can punish a player financially up to the point that would equate to a 1 game suspension. Because any bigger punishment would include missing time and that missing time has a fine baked in anyway.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
In talking over the fine, I have arrived at the perfect maximum fine amount. Whatever salary would be lost if said player was suspended 1 game. So you can punish a player financially up to the point that would equate to a 1 game suspension. Because any bigger punishment would include missing time and that missing time has a fine baked in anyway.
I find your fine to be fine.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If Raymond plays , l believe Berggren will sits . Another must win game

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Raymond can stay sidelined, because we have seen the best Red Wings hockey without him, since he arrived to Detroit.

That's the unpleasant truth. It's like a climate change. You don't want to admit that.

I wouldn't put him back until there's an injury.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Raymond can stay sidelined, because we have seen the best Red Wings hockey without him, since he arrived to Detroit.

That's the unpleasant truth. It's like a climate change. You don't want to admit that.

I think that's just a coincidence, Raymond is a positive for this team even if some fan thinks Bergs is the better player.. Raymond still is a big piece for us. Need him healthy and productive for the stretch run more than Zadina or Vrana.

Reactions: RedWingzz

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Imagine where things would be if Holland did that to Larkin during his sophomore slump.

Raymond is a talented kid who will work through any struggles and develop into a very good player. If he was downright horrendous this year and outright costing the team games, that's one thing. But this year is all about improving on the backs of the young players, and it's ok if he needs time to get there.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
The big concern I have is that the team may not respond well after a long road trip. Most teams struggle at least the first game back. Keep our fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad