GDT: Rangers at Devils 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Just got home from the game, went with my GF and she loved it.

Jack is really really something and worth the price of admission already.

The future is bright and we deserve it all. I truly Enjoy nights like these in bad seasons because you can just see the talent on the ice. The devils don’t have the luxury the rangers have with college FA and UFA’s wanting to only play for them.

This has been a long process but the core is clearly evident and home grown, nothing better.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
B448E697-1FA4-46DC-94A7-9FFC1849E528.jpeg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This is one of the best seasons a Devils forward has ever had.

Outside of the fact that he missed so many games, thus causing his games played to be much fewer, but this is seriously one of the better performances we’ve ever seen.

Especially adjusted for era. I don’t even wanna hear about what Muller did 30-35 years ago.

This is really up there with the 00-01 Elias, 08-09 Parise and close to the Taylor Hall MVP year when adjusting for games played. It won’t mean as much because Jack won’t play more than 65 or 66 games, but this is really impressive.

I couldn't tell if you were talking about Jack or Bratt. Bratt is on track to have one of the very rare post-lockout 80+ point seasons for this team.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't know. His SH% was outrageous last year at over 26%. He had 10 goals 3 assists in 21 games. I guess they were betting on him just hitting a hot streak but even then why not just give him a chance. You're Arizona and he signed for less than a million for 2 years.

They didn't let him go, he was a group VI UFA.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I'll say it again, Mercer only trailing a 26 year old rookie playing with arguably the best player in the world and another guy on a 105 pt pace in primary pts and #1 in primary pts among the 2020 class this year.
I'm assuming I'm reading this wrong because this looks like Mercer is 3rd in the league in primary points?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
But they f***ed up letting him get to ufa to begin with, it's not like his stats in the A were bad

He signed a minimum salary deal with his hometown team. Hard to compete with that. Doubt he thought he'd be playing with the top guys all year and scoring 20+ goals.

Reactions: OmNomNom

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It’s hilarious reading the Rangers post game thread - with their record this year - but they are bitterly criticizing Fox and Panarin as turn over machines and Gallants coaching too. There’s no joy in Mudville. You would think it’s our board after a blowout loss. Lol. Satisfying though. We really rattled them tonight it seems.
It's basically the hockey fan formula after a loss.

- Criticize skilled players for turning it over too much
- Criticize the coach for any number of things, whether they really mattered or not
- Throw in something about effort or grit or caring
- Mix in some complaining about the officiating

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I couldn't tell if you were talking about Jack or Bratt. Bratt is on track to have one of the very rare post-lockout 80+ point seasons for this team.
Particularly Jack but Bratt isn’t far behind.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It really is funny that I just can't shake the feeling of coming out of this game wholly unimpressed with Jack's and he still essentially had 2 goals and a sick primary assist (sure you can also say the secondary on Mercer but that one is iffy and that'd have been unimpressive too)

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad