Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Devils 10/19/13

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I think the lack of compete level is due to the players thinking they don't have to work as hard with a coach deemed more "likable" and not a "hard ass" like the previous one.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
As it turns out, twenty game stretches of sub-.500 hockey are actually pretty common for playoff teams – of the 96 post-lockout playoff teams, 65 of them have had a twenty game stretch of sub-.500 hockey at some point during the season.

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=4000

Hopefully the Rangers are getting their sub-.500 streak out of the way right now. Wouldn't be totally surprising given the road trip/quality of the opponents/injuries. Still only 7 games in. Not trying to make excuses but I'm not going to panic either.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Richards made some good moves, and moved the puck up the ice very efficiently a number of times, but there was nothing going on once he got there.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=4000

Hopefully the Rangers are getting their sub-.500 streak out of the way right now. Wouldn't be totally surprising given the road trip/quality of the opponents/injuries. Still only 7 games in.

Honestly man, you can look for the silver lining or hope this is just a bad stretch of hockey, but let's be real here; this team is ****ing garbage.

The roster sucks, key players are injured, and outside of one game, Henrik looks like he is new to the NHL. This is going to be a long season and if they even sniff a wildcard spot, I'll be shocked.

DoTheBlue

No Expectations
Apr 5, 2007
Pennsylvania
Losing a close game to a big rival isn't the end of the world. Loved the intensity and never say die attitude. Things are looking up.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Way to step up with all the injuries, guys! :help:

Another pathetic effort. Flat and uninspired hockey for most of the game. The Ranger should have come out of flying knowing that the Devils were going to be desperate for their first win. And they also should have played with a chip on their shoulder with all the injuries. So far the Rangers are showing that they cannot handle adversity nor are they capable of bringing the intensity against a divisional rival.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Trade for Thomas Vanek. As long as it's not McD or Stepan I don't care who goes. Just do it Sather. Please.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
You guys are closer to the team than I am here in Arizona, so I don't know what the potential of the system is. I also think they would obviously be much better when the injured players are back. But I do know that right now this does not look like anything but a lottery team with zero chance.

It's a shame, because there are a lot of weak teams in the East this year - Sabres, Crapitals, Devils, Panthers, Flyers, just to name a few. Doesn't look like we'll take advantage of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad