Dreger: Rangers and Golden Knights want to trade up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Mind

May 23, 2016
Problem is a drop from pick 3 to 7 is huge in this draft.

Top 3 are solid all the rest are really mediocre and all the GMs know this

Not really actually, top 5 are all pretty equal to me (Hischier, Patrick, Heiskanen, Makar, Liljegren *IMO) and then to me the drop does not make any big difference (Villardi, Mittlestadt Glass, etc.)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Vegas needs a top pick franchise centre type guy. I think they deal with Dallas, then with Jersey or Philly so they get one of Nico or Nolan.

That only works if NJ wants to go D. If they want to go C the drop off from Nico/Nolan to whoever Glass/Vilardi is hard to make up even with 13th pick. NJ might be tempted because they need a lot to rebuild but Philly likely would not trade 2 for 3, 13, and 15 and miss out on Nico/Nolan.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
Rangers could absorb one of Dallas' goalies.

#7 for #3 and Niemi?
Contrary to popular belief, Dallas is fine with their goalie situation and doesn't need to clear cap space.

If someone wants Niemi or Lehtonen and they represent positive value in a trade, then great. If not, we'll buy Niemi out.

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
I believe Benning mentioned a possibility to move down, probably if glass/makar are taken as he'd then be into petersson, so it's a possibility.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
3 way trade:

Knights get the #1 overall pick
Devils get the #3 overall pick and #15 overall pick
Stars get Methot and the #6 overall pick

It just makes too much sense. Devils can draft a D and they get a mid 1st rounder as compensation for moving down, Vegas gets their franchise center and still has another 1st rounder left and Dallas keeps a high pick plus gets a top-4 LD.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
too much id do #7 and #21 for 3 maybe throw in a prospect but cant be creating anymore roster holes

That's not enough for Dallas to have any interest

3 way trade:

Knights get the #1 overall pick
Devils get the #3 overall pick and #15 overall pick
Stars get Methot and the #6 overall pick

It just makes too much sense. Devils can draft a D and they get a mid 1st rounder as compensation for moving down, Vegas gets their franchise center and still has another 1st rounder left and Dallas keeps a high pick plus gets a top-4 LD.

An aging top 4 dman isnt enough (for me, at least) to lose out on the top 4 guys.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I'd rather not get into a bidding war with Vegas over trying to move up with a defensemen and the 6/7 pick. Just stay at 7 and take Glass or Petersson.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Well considering at least one scout has Makar at #1 and more thant one has him in the Top 3, that's not really accurate.

There's 4 guys(Makar/Heiskanen and the two forwards) that could really go anywhere in the top 4 at this point. After that you see maybe a slight falloff but it's not big.

that guy should lose his job then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad