Rumor: Ranger Scouts watching Colorado tonight.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I know he was only mentioned once, but there is 0 % chance it is Erik Johnson. I know it isn't being noticed around Hfboards yet, but he is living up to his draft potential right now. He has been a monster for the Avs. You can strike his name off that list of players the Rangers should be interested in.

BarbaraAlphanse

If Stastny is a FA, and we have loads of space coming off the books, why should we trade for him?

BarbaraAlphanse

Also, what's with all the McGinn love. He's a pretty meh player. Doesn't add anything to the table. Don't we have enough players that can provide that to us already?

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
This. I don't understand why anybody wants to trade for Stastny.

bc hes a top 6 center and someone we'd target via FA..

can help now and future.. excellent 2way center, add to the c depth and help push Stepan down add relief to him..

Stastsy+Barrie wouldn't be terrible depending on MDZ+ (maybe Brass)+ prospect

MZA-Stastny-Nash
Kreider-Step-Cally
Hags-BRich-Dorsett
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

or even

Kreider-Stastny-Nash
Hags-Step-Cally
Poo-Brich-MZA
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Carcillo

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Buying out Richards to replace him with Stastny would be a prototypical Rangers lateral move. Actually at best a lateral move.

Really highlights how poor center depth is in the organization.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
bc hes a top 6 center and someone we'd target via FA..

can help now and future.. excellent 2way center, add to the c depth and help push Stepan down add relief to him..

Stastsy+Barrie wouldn't be terrible depending on MDZ+ (maybe Brass)+ prospect

MZA-Stastny-Nash
Kreider-Step-Cally
Hags-BRich-Dorsett
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

or even

Kreider-Stastny-Nash
Hags-Step-Cally
Poo-Brich-MZA
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett
Carcillo

Why would we spend assets on a player who doesn't fix the problem we have at center? Stastny is good defensively and can score kinda, but he's smallish and an awful skater. More of the same problems at center. And he's going on 29.

We need to take the assets we have, and sell smart. Make good moves for the future. Trading for Stastny is such a Rangers move. Lets get away from not's working, shall we?

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Don't know the COL system too well, but they aren't a team I would do business with simply because they've been a losing organization the last few years.

Taking assets from a losing org has some bleed over effect as the Rangers are seeing with the CLB contingency that's here. Would not want to repeat the scenario once again.

BarbaraAlphanse

Buying out Richards to replace him with Stastny would be a prototypical Rangers lateral move. Actually at best a lateral move.

Really highlights how poor center depth is in the organization.

Yup. Even more confusing if we send assets to get him before he's a FA too.

Confusing, but I wouldn't be surprised. Sather at his finest.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
Why would we spend assets on a player who doesn't fix the problem we have at center? Stastny is good defensively and can score kinda, but he's smallish and an awful skater. More of the same problems at center. And he's going on 29.

We need to take the assets we have, and sell smart. Make good moves for the future. Trading for Stastny is such a Rangers move. Lets get away from not's working, shall we?

yeah i hear ya..

what would you suggest in targeting..ROR? its hard to build a team without selling your own assets and building for now and the future.. Draft is imperative to have success but never easy and rolling the dice when drafting, especially since we haven't had a top 5 pick even top 10 picks in a number of years..

I personally wouldn't want to trade MDZ, I think hes young very talented and should be given a better chance to develop and needs to be coached up for confidence.. but typical ranger fashion as well as the organization, they want quick fixes and solutions.. all about the next player..

everyone wants to rebuild and get all these prospects and picks, but no NYR fan wants the growing pains that go along with it..

Dubi struggled we needed a scorer we trade him..

We want a 1c, we have a very nice young center in stepan but we give him **** bc hes not producing.. so we think the grass is greener elsewhere.. its always an on going process, no decision is easy..

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
o rly?
4 Michael Del Zotto 6' 0" 195
44 Justin Falk 6' 5" 215
5 Dan Girardi 6' 1" 203
27 Ryan McDonagh 6' 1" 213
17 John Moore 6' 3" 202
18 Marc Staal "A" 6' 4" 207
6 Anton Stralman 5' 11" 190

Orr Nightmare is not really referring to size. He prefers big guys who fight to small guys who can skate. We all have different opinions on this stuff.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Don't know the COL system too well, but they aren't a team I would do business with simply because they've been a losing organization the last few years.

Taking assets from a losing org has some bleed over effect as the Rangers are seeing with the CLB contingency that's here. Would not want to repeat the scenario once again.

really? the winner argument?

the worst argument in all of sports

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Siemens-Mcilrath pairing (insert drooling face here):naughty:

Hahaha Based on the way they play yeah for sure. But I worry that Siemens may be a Teubert in the sense that he might not develop physically to play that way in the pros.

Another instance of a kid not being able to put on muscle mass is Zach Hamill.

Be care of trading for pieces like this.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

They sure look like winners this season.

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
o rly?
4 Michael Del Zotto 6' 0" 195
44 Justin Falk 6' 5" 215
5 Dan Girardi 6' 1" 203
27 Ryan McDonagh 6' 1" 213
17 John Moore 6' 3" 202
18 Marc Staal "A" 6' 4" 207
6 Anton Stralman 5' 11" 190

Stralman is definitely taller than that. I met the guy a couple of years ago and was about my height (I'm 186 cm). He's listed as 185cm at swehockey. That would be closer to 6'1 if I'm not out to lunch.

Edit: he's listed as 185 cm (6´1) on his own website. One would assume that is correct.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Stralman is definitely taller than that. I met the guy a couple of years ago and was about my height (I'm 186 cm). He's listed as 185cm at swehockey. That would be closer to 6'1 if I'm not out to lunch.

Edit: he's listed as 185 cm (6´1) on his own website. One would assume that is correct.
No doubt about it. I've said it before, he's at least 6', if not 6'1". Watch him near players listed at 6', he's easily as tall if not taller.

MSD

Jan 1, 2014
Stralman is one of the strongest Rangers, he is a workout freak. Keep what we have, they are melding nicely now and winning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad