Proposal: Randy Moller For PBP

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Anyone else think Randy Moller should take over Panthers PBP on TV?

jesus christ no..no NO NO NO!!! i can't even stand him on the radio, and i never listen on the radio.

if he, for whatever god-forsaken reason, became the TV PBP voice, i'd watch every game on mute.

he is terrible as a PBP man and only keeps the gig because of his "humorous" goal calls schtick. and i quote the word humorous because it really isn't funny anymore. it was cute for one season, now it's just annoying.

he's friggen terrible and quite honestly an embarrassment to the franchise. i can't defend us when elitists mock us for using him.

and i say this as a randy moller "fan". i like the guy, he's a panther thru and thru - but he should be a color analyst....not a pbp guy.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
jesus christ no..no NO NO NO!!! i can't even stand him on the radio, and i never listen on the radio.

if he, for whatever god-forsaken reason, became the TV PBP voice, i'd watch every game on mute.

he is terrible as a PBP man and only keeps the gig because of his "humorous" goal calls schtick. and i quote the word humorous because it really isn't funny anymore. it was cute for one season, now it's just annoying.

he's friggen terrible and quite honestly an embarrassment to the franchise. i can't defend us when elitists mock us for using him.

and i say this as a randy moller "fan". i like the guy, he's a panther thru and thru - but he should be a color analyst....not a pbp guy.

Ok I might gone the wrong way there. As I meant replacement for Bill Lindsay so that would mean color analyst.. my bad

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I would say he'd get annoying really fast. I enjoy hearing him on those random games that aren't televised but every night might ruin Randy Moller for me.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I would say he'd get annoying really fast. I enjoy hearing him on those random games that aren't televised but every night might ruin Randy Moller for me.

Can anyone be more annoying than Bill Lindsay

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL

I have to agree with this, even though I love Randy, I think he would get to be too much after a while. Notice that most of the crazy commentators are on the radio? For example, the Tampa Bay guy.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Moeller is such a schill for the org, as one of the head marketing guys, the last thing i want him doing is attempting nonbiased tv analysis.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think it's okay for your team's announcers to be homers. If you can tell when they're being homers then you don't need their analysis anyway.

Bill Lindsay is not good at his job because he always says too much. If he cut down the number of sentences and got to the point he'd be serviceable, much like his playing career.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
No way. Moller is perfect as play-by-play for radio. While Lindsay isn't the best color commentator, he works great with Goldstein. They were voted the second best TV duo in the NHL by HockeyBuzz.com.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I can't stand lindsay's color commentating. He pretty much sucks at it, and most of the time he chops up what he is trying to say, so it becomes a test of deciphering what Billy is trying to say. He generally just sounds dumb and shouts at you more than talks at you. I don't think Goldstein is good either. I find him to be a big time homer and his voice gets annoying after awhile. Both of them are pretty weak. I miss the Strader and Potvin days.

However -- I will say, no matter how bad Goldstein and Lindsay could be, they do have chemistry, and it's a love hate relationship for me. I still can't wait for next Saturday for them to call the game no matter how bad they are at it. I still love them. Haha.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
While some of might have our complaints, we should feel lucky.

Would any of you rather have Jack Edwards as the PBP or the Ducks or Avs guys?

Better yet, the Pens broadcast team, whom was voted worst in the league. I remember when Jokinen got a hat trick in a game vs. them and if I wasn't looking at the TV, I never would have known he scored because they barely acknowledged it.

Offdapost*

absolutely not, Moller is fine on the radio Goldy I think one day will make it to NBC he is clear and consistent even though he is a panthers homer but is usually fair to the other team. Can't say the same for Lindsay

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Lindsay is not bad, and I've learned to like him. He's not the best out there, but not certainly the worst.

He sure isn't the worst out of all of them. But not the best either.

We should be clad to have a "good enough" announcer like him. :nod:

#drunkwisewords

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I can't stand lindsay's color commentating. He pretty much sucks at it, and most of the time he chops up what he is trying to say, so it becomes a test of deciphering what Billy is trying to say. He generally just sounds dumb and shouts at you more than talks at you. I don't think Goldstein is good either. I find him to be a big time homer and his voice gets annoying after awhile. Both of them are pretty weak. I miss the Strader and Potvin days.

However -- I will say, no matter how bad Goldstein and Lindsay could be, they do have chemistry, and it's a love hate relationship for me. I still can't wait for next Saturday for them to call the game no matter how bad they are at it. I still love them. Haha.

Goldstein does a fine job, but he's no Dave Strader. I always thought he was excellent. I also don't think Goldstein is a homer per say. Well, at least he does his PBP fairly.

Lindsay on the other hand always comes off as unintelligent. Something else he does on top of what everyone else mentioned... he talks to the referees in his commentating like they can hear him. It drives me up the wall!

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Perfect interpretation of Lindsay. I remember one of the Cats scored a goal, and he goes to analyze it, and says, "Player x goes here, then, wait, umm, what?" The team should have never let Potvin go. He would have been much better alongside Goldie.

johano90

Nov 27, 2006
South Florida
I'm listening to Moller on WQAM right now and he's pretty atrocious in his current role. Maybe hardcore fans aren't the audience, but he spent 5 minutes trying to sell Panthers games by encouraging us to go "see some of the most fun and exciting teams in hockey such as the Pens, Flyers, Rangers, Leafs, Habs..." Just embarrassing. Come on, represent your team...

Noteworthy that Yormark is on the air right now and he released some juicy schedule information. He confirmed we will open against Carolina, then we go two on the road, then we play home on Thursday against Ottawa and then home against the Flyers on Saturday.

That makes it 5 games in the first 7 days. Wow!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad