Random musings...

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I'll see that and raise you 12 Kessels, 6 Phaneufs, and 2 Berniers :P

Stanley cup team right there.... Sad part is that team Canada would probably still whoop us.

I think your speedy flock of Kessels would not drive to the slot enough on the forecheck, too often settling for long 40 foot snapshots through the oppositions defence, while your gang of Phaneufs would get frustrating, often getting caught out of position at crucial moments in the defensive end. Of course, your double Bernier goalie platoon, like mine, would stop everything, and all would be ok as soon as a scoring lane opened up in the offensive zone. :cheers:

BeleaVing

Feb 24, 2013
Since we are talking about random things - I got say I am impressed with the Leafs pro-scouting in last few years.
This year many have focused on trades for Bernier, Bolland and signing Clarkson; and I think all have been good moves.
But am even more impressed with picking up Bodie, Smith and Brennan for peanuts - and all are great parts to have in the system
Add in the trade for Fraser (I think Leafs gave up Dale Mitchell - didn't they??); claiming Mclaren, getting Marshall, etc
Pro-scouting is really doing a great job (the amateur scouting is as well - but that is well covered elsewhere)
Gotta BeLeave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad