Random musing...

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
If the Islanders pre-season game to KC a few years ago had been a rampant success instead of general 'oh that would be cool to go to', do you think that would have been a more viable option to General Wang than holding out to Brooklyn?

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
If the Islanders pre-season game to KC a few years ago had been a rampant success instead of general 'oh that would be cool to go to', do you think that would have been a more viable option to General Wang than holding out to Brooklyn?

Frankly I'm shocked the Nets haven't already relocated to KC..

What easier and more obvious way would there be to drastically increase the value of your professional sports franchise than by moving it from Brooklyn to Kansas City?

hashbrown NO BRAINER

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Frankly I'm shocked the Nets haven't already relocated to KC..

What easier and more obvious way would there be to drastically increase the value of your professional sports franchise than by moving it from Brooklyn to Kansas City?

hashbrown NO BRAINER

Well Brooklyn wasnt even an option when the KC game was going on, It was still in the talks of being built and even then the protests behind it were rather large.

I dont think Wang really considered KC as a real option and he was bluffing all along. The NHL knew the Islanders were not going to draw a huge crowd in KC and the buzz really fizzed away once the lights went out.

Now if Seattle made a push a few years back and had the arena in place then we would of had some concern. In the end we are in the best place in make $$ and that is Brooklyn. The Islanders under new management will be taken seriously and with Barclays and Tavares as our captain. We will be a threat to the league and a place where guys want to come play.

THAT YOU CAN BANK ON!!!!

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
At least had they moved to KC they would have been playing in arena with no obstructed sight lines lol. I went to that pre-season game...Sprint Center is beautiful and right outside of it is the Power and Light district, which is this awesome outdoor but under cover bar district.
Cerner-Bash-KC-Live2.jpg

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
At least had they moved to KC they would have been playing in arena with no obstructed sight lines lol. I went to that pre-season game...Sprint Center is beautiful and right outside of it is the Power and Light district, which is this awesome outdoor but under cover bar district.
Cerner-Bash-KC-Live2.jpg

Man, KC was a seriously underrated city for me. I went there as part of a baseball roadtrip but didn't expect much from it. It was awesome.

The P&L district was cool, but the real gem was Westport. It's a short cab ride away, but the nightlife and bar scene was much more livelier than P&L. Also, damn fine BBQ. If anybody is ever there, go to Oklahoma Joe's. You will not be disappointed.

Also, Kauffman Stadium is beautiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad