Signing(s): Rams extend Tavon Austin for a lot of money for some reason

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Of course, they care. Look at the way they're behaving. If they didn't, they wouldn't be posting. What if they're actually a good team this season (pipe dream, I know)? Would they still laugh? Or would they say, "We should be the ones enjoying this team. **** LA fans!"

And aren't they trolling themselves? It would be unjustified if you called my responses to them trolling. LA Rams fan base here on HF is still in its infancy so Stl fans feel so comfortable talking **** about the Rams. I'll stop if they stop. Fair? I'd say so! :laugh: I'll pick my spots anyway. I won't respond to them all the time.

FYI most people in St. Louis care more about Kroenke failing than anything else. Personally I don't give a **** about the Rams, haven't in quite some time. Because they suck and have for the last 10+ years. But I do care about things not working out for Kroenke, who ****ed over tens of thousands of St. Louisans who actually did care about the Rams, and continued to trash our city all the way through the whole process.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
On the plus side, you guys still have the Cards and Blues. The latter of which actually gives a **** about the team he owns. (Cardinals is a given obviously)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
On the plus side, you guys still have the Cards and Blues. The latter of which actually gives a **** about the team he owns. (Cardinals is a given obviously)

It would have hurt more if the team was good or even had a decent looking future. Instead, they extend a crappy coach, they mortgage the future for an average at best QB prospect and now badly overpay for a gadget player that has yet to develop into anything close to what his draft spot shows he should be.

I generally don't have a problem with LA fans but I find it hilarious that the first game back in LA draws s lower rating there than any preseason game did in STL the last seven years and that they actually had to cancel their legends event due to lack of ticket sales while the STL one was a big success.

They've got the awesome front seven but even that will likely be less effective with the weak secondary. Its just a mess of a team.

I'm not actively rooting against the Rams. I'm still cheering for Gurley and Donald and Quinn, but objectively the team is going to be awful. I'd say that if the Rams were still here and i'd still laugh at this contract.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
No ****, you guys hate Kroenke and I can't blame you. But using him as an excuse to hate the Rams isn't hiding your true colors. So basically, you hate on Kroenke, you hate on LA fans. No matter how you slice it, rooting for Kroenke to fail is rooting for LA fans to suffer.

Anf Falco, I like how you pointed out TV ratings. What, did the 90K fans in a preseason game not impress you?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No ****, you guys hate Kroenke and I can't blame you. But using him as an excuse to hate the Rams isn't hiding your true colors. So basically, you hate on Kroenke, you hate on LA fans. No matter how you slice it, rooting for Kroenke to fail is rooting for LA fans to suffer.

Anf Falco, I like how you pointed out TV ratings. What, did the 90K fans in a preseason game not impress you?

Stop this ****ing crusade already. Jesus Christ. Nobody cares.

Just enjoy your god damn football team and zip it. Let the Rams fans be bitter if they want.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Stop this ****ing crusade already. Jesus Christ. Nobody cares.

Just enjoy your god damn football team and zip it. Let the Rams fans be bitter if they want.

I am enjoying but I won't stop talking **** about their bitterness lol. Sorry.

On a side note, I'll just let them be bitter most of the time. But nothing will stop me from rubbing it in from time to time when they get under my skin. :laugh:

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

On a side note, I'll just let them be bitter most of the time. But nothing will stop me from rubbing it in from time to time when they get under my skin. :laugh:

Calling a **** team a **** team gets under your skin? Be prepared to be quite annoyed come week 5 when they're already out of the playoff picture and looking to extend Fisher and Snead some more. Greg Robinson could be locked up to a huge extension any second now :laugh:

I still can't decide if I want to cheer for the Chiefs or the Cardinals. I'm leaning towards Cardinals because they were in St. Louis, but that feels like jumping on a bandwagon. Maybe I'll root for both. Either way, this football season will be far more enjoyable than the past 13. I'll actually get to watch some meaningful games after week 4 :laugh: Garbage franchise is garbage.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I still can't decide if I want to cheer for the Chiefs or the Cardinals. I'm leaning towards Cardinals because they were in St. Louis, but that feels like jumping on a bandwagon. Maybe I'll root for both. Either way, this football season will be far more enjoyable than the past 13. I'll actually get to watch some meaningful games after week 4 :laugh: Garbage franchise is garbage.

200_s.gif

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Would you rather laugh at this...or be frustrated about it?

My guess is the latter!
Me personally, I'd laugh regardless of where they were. Because as much as I like Tavon, he isn't worth that money at all. Could he be in the future? Sure. But sure as **** isn't right now.

And as others have mentioned, the hate is just for Kroenke. I imagine LA fans feel the same about Georgia Frontiere.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The 49ers are rebuilding and not nearly as poorly managed as 4whiner fans complain about. The Rams are squandering a good chance to compete with the NFC elite.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
The 49ers are rebuilding and not nearly as poorly managed as 4whiner fans complain about. The Rams are squandering a good chance to compete with the NFC elite.

There is a lot wrong with that franchise that goes beyond just the product on the field. Not to mention firing Harbaugh was an egregious blunder.

And I'm not sure what "good chance" the Rams are blowing. Sure they have an elite RB and one of the league's best front 7's, but in a passing league they have nothing at QB or WR, and a thin secondary. The only chance they're missing is rebuilding now.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
First I was surprised he was drafted as high as he was and now I'm stunned the Rams gave him this much money.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
4 Rec
13 yds
3.3 Y/R

Not exactly a good start after his big deal

The way the commentators were describing it was as if they were designing pass plays to Austin to make them feel like kick returns which he is good at. If that's even remotely true that's the dumbest strategy I've ever heard of. Still though, the play calling and Keenum didn't give him any hope for a good game.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
There is a lot wrong with that franchise that goes beyond just the product on the field. Not to mention firing Harbaugh was an egregious blunder.

And I'm not sure what "good chance" the Rams are blowing. Sure they have an elite RB and one of the league's best front 7's, but in a passing league they have nothing at QB or WR, and a thin secondary. The only chance they're missing is rebuilding now.

Little sympathy here for the Rams organization, not when Fisher decides it would be "cool" to send out all of the draft picks the Rams selected from the RGIII deal for the opening coin toss a couple of years ago.

Now, the Rams are getting it on their end with their deal to acquire Goff. Too bad the Titans and Rams play this season and not next, as it would be karma if the Titans did the exact same thing back to Fisher.

Top DL, don't last that long. Chris Long was a 1st round pick, 2nd overall back in 2008. 8 years later they have to part ways with him. You can't waste the best years of Quinn, Donald, Brockers with lousy QB play and no WR.

Same applies to Houston and Watt. Spent the last 2 years with Yates, Keenum, Hoyer, Mallett at QB. Stepped up and paid Osweiler this past year.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

is it **** talking if they call a terrible team terrible? I like to call it pointing out facts

I hope they don't turn to Mannion at any point...his lack of mobility behind that line will get him killed

That game was unwatchable. Jeff Fisher is a cockroach, I'm pretty sure the world could go through a nuclear holocaust and he would be coaching a team of mutants to a 7-9 record

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad