Rally Time: Inch by Inch

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
It's been a tough year for all of us with COVID, a tough few years.

I don’t know what to say, really. Two days till the biggest battle of our lives. All comes down to this.

Either, we heal as a board, or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Till we’re finished. We are in hell right now, folks. Believe me. And, we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light.

We can climb outta hell… one inch at a time. One post at a time.

Now I can’t do it for you, I’m too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I’ve made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I’ve pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me. And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that’s… that’s… that’s a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life’s this game of inches, so is hockey.

Because in either game, life or hockey, the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don’t quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don’t quite bury it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break of the game, every minute, every second.

On this board we fight for that inch. On this board we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that’s gonna make the f%#&@! difference between WINNING and LOSING, between LIVING and DYING!

I’ll tell you this, in any fight it’s the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I’m gonna have any life anymore it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face.

Now I can’t make you do it. You’ve got to look at the poster next to you, look into their eyes. Now I think you going to see a person who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a person who will sacrifice themselves for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for them.

That’s a team, folks, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That’s hockey guys, that’s all it is.

Now, what are you gonna do?

BRUINS IN 7

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bruins in 7. This team is fully capable of winning two straight against any team in the NHL IMO. The big boys have been showing up and will continue to show up, time for the bottom 6 to either start scoring or start making their players pay physically, either way no more passengers.

BRUINS IN 7

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
if you ask me if I`m optimistic about tomorrow, regardless of the last 2 games I`d still say yes. I don`t anticipate the B`s to simply fold. I`d be more concerned if the Islanders have swarmed the B`s and not allowed them much more than 20 shots or so, chances are there, the willingness to pay the price and get asses in front of the net and make life hell for Varlamov and their D hasn`t been with nearly enough consistency

Tomorrow night 3-2 B`s

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Their backs are against the well. Their coach just took a $25K fine sticking up for the team. Their starting goalie might not be healthy enough to play. They've not had the best puck luck. Seems to me that the conditions are ripe for these guys to circle the wagons and fight like hell to get to a game 7 at home in a frenzied environment where they will win the series. The Bs win game 6.

Reactions: MarbleMist

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Their backs are against the well. Their coach just took a $25K fine sticking up for the team. Their starting goalie might not be healthy enough to play. They've not had the best puck luck. Seems to me that the conditions are ripe for these guys to circle the wagons and fight like hell to get to a game 7 at home in a frenzied environment where they will win the series. The Bs win game 6.

I like the cut of your jib sir!

RALLY CALL

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well you can't have a rally without cookies.

Right?

That's what I'm going with.

Bruins in 7.

Easiest-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-800-2.jpg

Reactions: MarbleMist and BMC

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
I'll be wearing my 2011 SC champions t-shirt, hat and B's hoodie, I think I even have a pair of Bruins socks too. It's all on the line tonight and the boys are going to bring the pain. B's in 7!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad