GDT: Raleigh Hurricanes vs. Long Island Islanders

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

With this duo, we’ll be lucky to escape the game without any injuries. W/L seems less important.

ST Laurent is literally the worst ref in the league. McCauley is the best. St laurent HATES RBA / us for some reason.

Hes ref Nr. 8. There's a reason the guy has been in the league 20 years and never seen a cup final game. The only one worse in recent memory is tim peel.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
ST Laurent is literally the worst ref in the league. McCauley is the best. St laurent HATES RBA / us for some reason.

Hes ref Nr. 8. There's a reason the guy has been in the league 20 years and never seen a cup final game. The only one worse in recent memory is tim peel.

McCauley is the one who watched Marchand can opener Liljegrend last game and didn't even call a penalty on the play.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
My son informed me today that they’re starting their home shopping in preparation of their departure from NYC. The two frontrunners are Raleigh/Charlotte and Long Island as they want any future kids to be close to their grandparents. Canes you know what to do!

Tell them we're all stocked up on relocating Yankees.

Jk hopefully they make the right choice. The only clear choice.

MisterDobz

Unauthorized User
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
There's a reason the guy has been in the league 20 years and never seen a cup final game. The only one worse in recent memory is tim peel.
Tim Peel?!!?
IMG_3522.gif

Is it playoffs yet?

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I'm pretty sure sticking your stick between the legs of a player and causing them to crash into the boards is still a penalty
I think this is one of those where people will probably always disagree and argue intent.....

And I dislike arguing Marchand wasn't at fault here BUT....hear me out....

For me when I watch it in slow mo over and over, he isn't directing his stick between the legs, although down towards the ice, yes. But it hits L-gren's foot and gets caught under it/under L-gren's stick. No matter how he then tried to remove it, L-gren was going to get tripped up.

I just don't see how it can be seen as intentional, as you can see the stick bounce around on the way down, and get caught on the way up.

And for those trying to point to him using his leg, his skates were already out to slow him down going to the corner before L-gren scared literally in front of him and tangled his own right leg up.

Now I need to go wash my own mouth out with soap for sticking up for Marchand. Gross.

Dang... Hope everything is ok!

If it's personal reasons, I'd say probably not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad