Proposal: Rakell trade value

Richards18Forever

Nov 15, 2006
philadelphia
I think he would be a solid fit for our third line center.

what is everyone's armchair gm opinion on what it would cost to get him here.

Cousin, Hagg or Manning, 2nd or 3rd?

is that enough? what's everyone's opinion on his value?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Isn't philly pretty cap pressed?
Rakell is coming off a 40+ pt season and is an RFA probably wanting at least 4 mil

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Rakell is very interesting and intriguing player to target for us. I think that the price could be 'acceptable', he's rumored that he has interest from KHL team and that he's considering it. Very good player. He would be tremendous fit as the 3rd line center or top 6 winger.

But the cap is tight and we would have to move salary to acquire him and sign him to new contract. He would fit nicely with our young core (Schenn, Couturier, Gostisbehere and other young defensemen).

I have no idea what he could cost in a trade, but simply from the logical standpoint, someone like Streit/Read would have to go other way. + something really valuable from our side.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I'm not sure that we have the right assets to pry him out of Anaheim as he is one of their few young scoring/wing talents. Despite all their success with finding and raising defense and goalies, they've had a hell of a time with forwards so I'm sure they'll hold on to him for dear life. He would certainly be a hell of a boon to the LW depth, though.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The guy who is the same age and had 1/4 the points last year? (yes I know half the games, but still, quarter the points.)

If Cousins gets his shot at being the 3rd line centre for the Flyers, and gets a full season in Philadelphia I wouldn't think Cousins would disappoint anyone. In fact Cousins could be capable of putting up a 25-30 point season, that's if Cousins gets the playing time this season with the Flyers.

Still I wouldn't mind having Rakell on the Flyers, but it would cost the Flyers a prospect and a mid round draft pick from the Flyers, Plus Philadelphia only has about $1,038,334mil that's with 14F 7D & 2G, and I wouldn't think Anaheim would want any salary back in return since Anaheim still has to sign RFA Lindholm.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I don't think ANA can take on any salary whatsoever

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I don't think ANA can take on any salary whatsoever

I posted this on the main boards. Laughton could be the center piece since he is a winger with good p/60 and is cheap. The flyers would need to add a pick but I think that could be fair value depending on what Anaheim thinks of Laughton. The flyers could offer rakell a 1year 2m deal and give him a bigger deal next year.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad