Confirmed with Link: Rakell to PIT for 2nd/Clang(goalie prospect)/ZAR/Simon

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Is he going to get us past the first round ? lets hope so..
The only person that can get us past the first round is this dipshit.

bG8yXzUwMC5naWY.gif

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
We not geting anything more back? I thought 2nd + prospect was expensive, and we add a player on top? And no, we don't have any negative value contracts we should have to pay to get rid of

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Oh well. I wasn't crazy about the Carter TDL trade last year and it definitely helped more than I figured. So hey here's to being wrong.

Obviously Rust coming off L2 now, though. And Zucker/Malkin/Rakell doesn't excite me at all. We'll see.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I want to know what prospect, but it better not be POJ, DOC or Nylander. Abyone else and I'd get a big belly laugh!

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens pic up a RW and he can be a hedge for Rust. He is a scorer and should give the Pens scoring. Playoffs with no cap
Jake Sid Rust
Zucker Geno Rakell
Heinen JC Kap
? TB McGinn

That is a really good line up.

Reactions: Dominance and Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
if it's Nylander i'd be fine with that. we basically gave up nothing to get him anyway.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Just for reference, ZAR, POJ and a 2nd for Rakell at 50% doesn't actually work with the cap, but it's so asininely close to working that you can do some gymnastics to make it work.

You're less than $50k over the cap with that move.

Reactions: Victor Z

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Just for reference, ZAR, POJ and a 2nd for Rakell at 50% doesn't actually work with the cap, but it's so asininely close to working that you can do some gymnastics to make it work.

It said players. Would be hilarious if it is Simon and ZAR.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Yoooooo.

Adding Rakell without ditching a roster player (i think) is amazing.

Pens obviously have to take another run at a cup THIS YEAR with an aging roster and adding Rakell is going to help them achieve this !! :cool:

Reactions: Trade

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Uncle Gary will let us slide for old time's sake. They'll just say some random call-up never happened and poof...$51k in cap space.

Reactions: Hamurai

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
HFPens: Sleepy isn't doing anything!
*trade is announced*
HFPens: Are you kidding me, we gave up too much, these prospects that nobody has head of outside of Pittsburgh are super valuable and we can totally get new Sid and Geno very soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad