Proposal: Rakell to Calgary

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Can be a cheap and young upgrade to our #2C or RW, and Anaheim needs assets. Don't know if they would be willing to trade within the division, but I'll try my best:

To Calgary: Rickard Rakell

To Anaheim:

2019 1st
2020 2nd
Mark Jankowski
Juuso Valimaki/Oliver Kylington
Your offer isn't cheap. If I'm Anaheim I would take it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
LOL. Both fanbases hate it, I think I'm fairly close on value.
No you aren't. You are so bad at this you f***ed both teams. You have the Flames massively overpaying for a player that just isn't available due to his age and contract.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No you aren't. You are so bad at this you ****ed both teams. You have the Flames massively overpaying for a player that just isn't available due to his age and contract.

Yes yes, the cries of unproven prospects being worth gold and solid complimentary players being untouchables. :laugh:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yes yes, the cries of unproven prospects being worth gold and solid complimentary players being untouchables. :laugh:

Back to back 30+ goal seasons and on pace for 50+ points in a down season? The most apt description you can come up with is "solid complimentary player" ?

Try "first line winger", and Anaheim definitely has no reason to move a young, affordable first line winger in exchange for this type of return.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
This doesn’t make any sense. If you’re doing a retool then you trade older players/expiring contracts for futures

You don’t trade young players on great contracts for futures whom you hope become young players on great contracts

Solace2420

Feb 8, 2019
Can be a cheap and young upgrade to our #2C or RW, and Anaheim needs assets. Don't know if they would be willing to trade within the division, but I'll try my best:

To Calgary: Rickard Rakell

To Anaheim:

2019 1st
2020 2nd
Mark Jankowski
Juuso Valimaki/Oliver Kylington

This would be a HUGE over payment from Calgary. No thanks.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Back to back 30+ goal seasons and on pace for 50+ points in a down season? The most apt description you can come up with is "solid complimentary player" ?

Try "first line winger", and Anaheim definitely has no reason to move a young, affordable first line winger in exchange for this type of return.

Backlund and kadri aren't first liners, so no.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It's a lot of pieces coming from the Flames, but it's not a exactly enticing enough to move Rakell. Jankowski is not all the interesting, a 24 year old top 9 center doesn't do much for us. Valimaki is good but rather use our picks to get a defensemen instead of moving a 25 year old signed to a great deal 30 goal scorer for one. And the picks will be late so not a huge value coming back from them for us. Both teams say no.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Rakell seems to play his best on lw so value aside I don’t see why Calgary would move for him when they have Gaudreau and tkachuk. Go for someone that has actually been playing center or rw the last few years

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Rakell seems to play his best on lw so value aside I don’t see why Calgary would move for him when they have Gaudreau and tkachuk. Go for someone that has actually been playing center or rw the last few years

He doesn't play rw? Mistake on my part then, because I was pretty sure he did.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
He doesn't play rw? Mistake on my part then, because I was pretty sure he did.
He mostly plays top line lw . He might be able to play rw but I don’t think he’s done it regularly . May just be due to the makeup of the roster tho. He shoots right tho

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
A first round pick and a top prospect have no value to the Ducks? :laugh:

As much as i would love that first round pick. It just doesn’t make sense for the Ducks. Especially if Eklund is right about trading Silfverberg before deadline.

This duck team can’t even score goals with Silf and Rakell. What’s gonna happen when we get rid of both? That’s full tank mode. For numerous seasons drafting high.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Nor have either of them been as productive, or been tasked with playing on a top line against top defensive matchups.

The guy has put up top line numbers playing a top line role. You'd be sliding the goal posts to suggest differently.

I get why it makes no sense for Anaheim but QoC is really not a good argument to knock Kadri and Backlund lol

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Nor have either of them been as productive, or been tasked with playing on a top line against top defensive matchups.

The guy has put up top line numbers playing a top line role. You'd be sliding the goal posts to suggest differently.

Backlund and kadri are shutdown centres, just fwi. Saying just because he has 30 goals and 50 pts makes him a top liner is ridiculous. Anaheim can't score, and that's understandable that rakell would probably do better elsewhere. But from most team's perspective, 50 pts is not top line production, especially with how high scoring is this year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Backlund and kadri are shutdown centres, just fwi. Saying just because he has 30 goals and 50 pts makes him a top liner is ridiculous. Anaheim can't score, and that's understandable that rakell would probably do better elsewhere. But from most team's perspective, 50 pts is not top line production, especially with how high scoring is this year.

Did I say 50 points is first line production or did I say he's a first line player pacing for 50 points even in a down year?

Let's be real here, you really know nothing about the player and likely have never watched him play given that you were incorrect on your first two guesses as to what position he plays. Sitting here trying to declare anything about him based solely on this year's production is the weakest of arguments.

Regardless, zero motivation to move our best scoring winger, who is young and signed to a great contract for an offer that doesn't nearly fill any immediate or long term need for that matter. Give up a player we very much need, for a pile of less valuable stuff that we don't need at all - typical HF proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad