Proposal: Rakell to Calgary

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Can be a cheap and young upgrade to our #2C or RW, and Anaheim needs assets. Don't know if they would be willing to trade within the division, but I'll try my best:

To Calgary: Rickard Rakell

To Anaheim:

2019 1st
2020 2nd
Mark Jankowski
Juuso Valimaki/Oliver Kylington

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
And I said NOT EVEN CLOSE
Please tell me where I’m wrong. Rakell is the Ducks best forward and is young. Gaudreau is the Flames best forward and is young. Just because Gaudreau hasn’t more value in a vacuum doesn’t mean the Ducks will give up Rakell for anything less than extreme overpayment. Especially for this shit show of an offer.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Please tell me where I’m wrong. Rakell is the Ducks best forward and is young. Gaudreau is the Flames best forward and is young. Just because Gaudreau hasn’t more value in a vacuum doesn’t mean the Ducks will give up Rakell for anything less than extreme overpayment. Especially for this **** show of an offer.
Rakell is on pace for around 15 goals and 50 points. Gaudreau is on pace for nearly 50 goals and 120 points, is one of the favourites for the heart trophy and is propelling his team to one of the best records in the league

Reactions: flamesforcup

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
Rakell is on pace for around 15 goals and 50 points. Gaudreau is on pace for nearly 50 goals and 120 points, is one of the favourites for the heart trophy and is propelling his team to one of the best records in the league

And Rakell scored more goals than Gordo last season, and the season before that. He is on a cheaper contract as well.
Now, Gordo is probably the better player, and the Flames are a better team this year. That wasnt the case these last two seasons. Context is key.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Fantastic. Gaudreau is also playing on a line with Lindholm and Monahan. Now before you go on saying that I’m saying he’s a byproduct of his line, he’s obviously not. Yes Gaudreau is obviously better. Yes Gaudreau is a step up from Rakell. Yes Gaudreau is worth more in this league. Yes the Ducks value Rakell like a damn superstar.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’d say too much from Calgary......
And Ducks still likely wouldn’t move a young, known quantity with a good contract
Given our need to retool and needing to control our costs

I’d think it’s hard to retool if we give up our best young players.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Too much from calgary,that being said i doubt rakell is moved.

Henrique or silf could be had tho

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Rakell just isn't a player we should be selling off for picks and prospects/lesser pieces. The explanation from the Ducks perspective is extremely weak - they "need assets" like Rakell a lot more than they need D prospects, middle six forwards and late firsts. Also OP you are shopping in the wrong place if you are looking for a 2C upgrade anyway, Rakell has barely played center in recent years, plays his best on LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad