Proposal: Rakell or Silfverberg to Pittsburgh

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
There’s two elite defenseman. Manson is grooming to be one. And Lindholm is already one. Moving one for a generational talent that has plagued this team for years in its forward core makes sense including our 7 pick.

Not sure why you’re arguing this point when the team is continuing on a trend of being worst in the league regarding goal scoring. Nothing has changed. The team is still in the abyss of last with its forward core. When will you realize the issues with the top 6? Instead of wanting to upgrade The back 4. Please explain

It’s a sinking ship. And I’m the only one with pail and bucket it seems.
Manson is no where near lindholm in skill level or importance.

Manson is a conplimentary player who benefits from playin with hampus.

They arnt interchangable... you can trade manson and the defense can survive or can replace him, but trading lindholm would be devestating... and we would struggle to replace him for a while.

And you cant say dumb stuff and act like you are the only one saying useful stuff because most the stuff you say is rediculous..

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018

They arnt interchangable... you can trade manson and the defense can survive or can replace him, but trading lindholm would be devestating... and we would struggle to replace him for a while.

And you cant say dumb stuff and act like you are the only one saying useful stuff because most the stuff you say is rediculous..

That’s your own opinion and ideology. At the end of the Day? Statistics speak the truth. Anaheim was last in the league of goal scoring last season. And it’s continuing the trend this season as well. Anaheim even had a coaching change. Still continuing the same trend.

You may disagree with me regarding the ideology. But the facts are laid out in front of you. It’s your choice where dominoes fall.

So get upset! Get angry call me a troll. But I have facts backing my statements up. Don’t get angry at someone who has a valid argument against you.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That’s your own opinion and ideology. At the end of the Day? Statistics speak the truth. Anaheim was last in the league of goal scoring last season. And it’s continuing the trend this season as well. Anaheim even had a coaching change. Still continuing the same trend.

You may disagree with me regarding the ideology. But the facts are laid out in front of you. It’s your choice where dominoes fall.

So get upset! Get angry call me a troll. But I have facts backing my statements up. Don’t get angry at someone who has a different opinion than you.
Its none of our choices first all..

Your posting no facts all you said is Manson is grooming to be elite defensemen, which he is not. Please show me the stats that say different. You make it sound like Manson and Lindholm have same value, which they don't. And you act like our defense wouldn't be completely screwed if we traded Lindholm.

I didn't mention anything about goal scoring... but I can assure you trading Lindholm + top 10 pick for a top 5 pick isn't doing the team any good. And no one in those positions are trading those picks until after the lottery draft... so you can get the lafrienere dream out of your head unless lottery goes in our favor.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Its none of our choices first all..

Your posting no facts all you said is Manson is grooming to be elite defensemen, which he is not. Please show me the stats that say different. You make it sound like Manson and Lindholm have same value, which they don't. And you act like our defense wouldn't be completely screwed if we traded Lindholm.

I posted facts of Anaheim’s goal scoring problem. I posted facts of being second in the division regarding Goals GA. You have an elite goalie in his prime who can carry a cup contention team. But at the end of the day........ worst goals for in the entire western conference. Where does the problem lay??? It’s the forward core.

I rest my case.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I posted facts of Anaheim’s goal scoring problem. I posted facts of being second in the division regarding Goals GA. You have an elite goalie in his prime who can carry a cup contention team. But at the end of the day........ worst goals for in the entire western conference. Where does the problem lay??? It’s the forward core.

I rest my case.
No one disagrees we need help scoring, but trading Lindholm and our 1st isn't the answer... your filling 1 hole(and 1 player prob isn't going to make a big difference in the grand scheme of things, itll help but well still be pretty bad), and creating a new hole on the back end.

you're not even arguing anything... your just saying the same stuff over and over again with no substance and then saying "these are the facts" or "I rest my case"

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Manson and Lindholm are legit. They’ve helped carry that GAA per game? The entire season. Definitely In the conversation of elite category. But that’s a different topic for another day.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Manson and Lindholm are legit. They’ve helped carry that GAA per game? The entire season. Definitely In the conversation of elite category. But that’s a different topic for another day.
And you think they are interchangeable? You get rid of Lindholm and Masnon carries the defense? Cause that's not what will happen.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
This is beyond ridiculous. Picks and prospects are mystery boxes. Even the 1OA is not a "sure bet", let alone "top 5". Yes, you're probably going to get a slightly better player in the 3-5 spot than at 7, but in no way shape of form is the difference in potential between the 2 Hampus freaking Lindholm

This may all be a moot point anyways since at present, we would likely have a top 5 pick all on our own. We're tied w/ Chicago at 4 and only 1 point ahead of Ottawa

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
There’s two elite defenseman. Manson is grooming to be one. And Lindholm is already one. Moving one for a generational talent that has plagued this team for years in its forward core makes sense including our 7 pick.

Not sure why you’re arguing this point when the team is continuing on a trend of being worst in the league regarding goal scoring. Nothing has changed. The team is still in the abyss of last with its forward core. When will you realize the issues with the top 6? Instead of wanting to upgrade The back 4. Please explain

Manson isn't close to being a elite defenseman and the odds of him becoming one isn't good. Manson is a solid defenseman a complementary defenseman. If you think otherwise your player evaluation needs a lot of work.

Reactions: Mallard

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Manson isn't close to being a elite defenseman and the odds of him becoming one isn't good. Manson is a solid defenseman a complementary defenseman. If you think otherwise your player evaluation needs a lot of work.
Psh hes coming at us with facts,

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Manson has been closer to garbage lately than he has been to elite. He can be a good complementary guy when he plays well, but he's not an elite defenseman, nor is he on the path to become one.

I'm arguing the point because trying to fix our goal scoring issue by creating one defensively is not a solution. I'm pretty sure this has been pointed out to you numerous times, but the point either goes over your head or through your ears.

You'd have to be some kind of stupid to try to stop a sinking ship with a bucket and pail.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
This is beyond ridiculous. Picks and prospects are mystery boxes. Even the 1OA is not a "sure bet", let alone "top 5". Yes, you're probably going to get a slightly better player in the 3-5 spot than at 7, but in no way shape of form is the difference in potential between the 2 Hampus freaking Lindholm

This may all be a moot point anyways since at present, we would likely have a top 5 pick all on our own. We're tied w/ Chicago at 4 and only 1 point ahead of Ottawa

Then there shouldn’t even be a draft at the end of the day according to you.. All of the scouts and teams shouldn’t even be focused on drafts then. You’re basically denying all the talent in the draft as question marks now when it really isn’t.

The people who spend endless hours scouting these folks have a degree and even backed by science of there work for the NHL. AKA a draft combine.

This isn’t a wack ass yakupov draft. This draft is 100% a game changer for so many franchises since McDavids.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Then there shouldn’t even be a draft at the end of the day according to you.. All of the scouts and teams shouldn’t even be focused on drafts then. You’re basically denying all the talent in the draft as question marks now when it really isn’t.

The people who spend endless hours scouting these folks have a degree and even backed by science of there work for the NHL. AKA a draft combine.

This isn’t a wack ass yakupov draft. This draft is 100% a game changer for so many franchises since McDavids.
again, you're spouting complete nonsense.

Saying any prospect isn't a sure bet and you taking it as, "might as well not have a draft," is completely idiotic. It's literal fact, doesn't matter how much a player is scouted, sometimes they just don't work. it's not impossible for players ranked in the top 10 or top 5 to just not pan out like they're expected too.

so again, you continue to spout nonsense. stop

Reactions: Mallard and Spazkat

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Your plea to authority here falls well-short of backing your point. For all the expertise these people have in scouting prospects, the actual evidence that we see every year says that it's still very much a roll of the dice. Perhaps a calculated roll, and one that you can improve your odds on, but it's by no means a sure thing.

Anaheim might be in a position to draft the closest to a sure thing if they pick 1st or 2nd overall, but there is no realistic trade that we can make to accomplish that. Not if we're outside the top 5. Probably not even if we're in the top 5. Teams in a position to draft a truly elite prospect don't pass on it. Your entire premise conveniently ignores that fact. You're throwing out these ideas, but that's easy. I could say Anaheim should trade for McDavid. There. I did it. I'm brilliant. Anaheim can solve their offensive woes by convincing Edmonton to move the best player in the NHL. Marvel at my genius.

Except everyone knows that they would never make that trade. It doesn't matter if I suggest it as a possibility. It isn't going to happen. You counter this by saying picks are traded all the time. I could likewise counter that players are traded all the time. Therefore, Edmonton would clearly do it, right? No, it's not. Which is effectively what your argument has turned into. It isn't about what is realistic. Realistically, Anaheim isn't in a position to acquire the 1st overall pick, unless they win the draft lottery and are awarded it. Period.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Your plea to authority here falls well-short of backing your point. For all the expertise these people have in scouting prospects, the actual evidence that we see every year says that it's still very much a roll of the dice. Perhaps a calculated roll, and one that you can improve your odds on, but it's by no means a sure thing.

Anaheim might be in a position to draft the closest to a sure thing if they pick 1st or 2nd overall, but there is no realistic trade that we can make to accomplish that. Not if we're outside the top 5. Probably not even if we're in the top 5. Teams in a position to draft a truly elite prospect don't pass on it. Your entire premise conveniently ignores that fact. You're throwing out these ideas, but that's easy. I could say Anaheim should trade for McDavid. There. I did it. I'm brilliant. Anaheim can solve their offensive woes by convincing Edmonton to move the best player in the NHL. Marvel at my genius.

Except everyone knows that they would never make that trade. It doesn't matter if I suggest it as a possibility. It isn't going to happen. You counter this by saying picks are traded all the time. I could likewise counter that players are traded all the time. Therefore, Edmonton would clearly do it, right? No, it's not. Which is effectively what your argument has turned into. It isn't about what is realistic. Realistically, Anaheim isn't in a position to acquire the 1st overall pick, unless they win the draft lottery and are awarded it. Period.
If he cant understand that, I have no hope for him.

Thanks sojourn!

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If he cant understand that, I have no hope for him.

Thanks sojourn!

I trust the wide variety of scouts all saying this draft is once in a decade. Whether it’s Black Hawks to Toronto. They know this one counts. So I don’t ever take what you say seriously.

You’re still in denial of the goal scoring issue.... get over yourself bud. And come to an understanding. At the end of the day? We have lakers basketball against Giannis this evening.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I trust the wide variety of scouts all saying this draft is once in a decade. Whether it’s Black Hawks to Toronto. They know this one counts. So I don’t ever take what you say seriously.

You’re still in denial of the goal scoring issue.... get over yourself bud. And come to an understanding. At the end of the day? We have lakers basketball against Giannis this evening.
Ive literally agreed to the scoring problem 10 times... my argument is trading Lindholm doesn't help fix any problems, it just makes more problems elsewhere.

lakers suck

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
We have the Lakers' basketball in a sinking ship? Did you trade the bucket and pail for it?

I guess it would be about as useful.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
We have the Lakers' basketball in a sinking ship? Did you trade the bucket and pail for it?

I guess it would be about as useful.

Do you understand how you feel? I never caused that out burst from you. The fact the majority of the Duck fan base be littles me, and throws my argument to the curb because it disagrees with there’s. Is quite ridiculous. I’m never gonna back down on this draft. Nor the moves Anaheim should make.

I’m done falling asleep on a boring game because Anaheim can barely score a goal.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Do you understand how you feel? I never caused that out burst from you. The fact the majority of the Duck fan base be littles me, and throws my argument to the curb because it disagrees with there’s. Is quite ridiculous. I’m never gonna back down on this draft. Nor the moves Anaheim should make.

I’m done falling asleep on a boring game because Anaheim can barely score a goal.
Ok, I gotta ask, English is not your first language right?

The fact that the majority of Ducks fans disagree with your is because it doesn't fall in line with reality nor does it ever actually benefit the team in the long run. We can't trade Lindholm to move up in the draft for a potential elite goal scorer (yes, I said potential because until they are proven that is all they have) to fix the team, because then you're tearing down the pillar of our defense. And Gibson/whatever player we draft in the top 5 are not going to be able to carry this team to a cup like you're suggesting.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Ive literally agreed to the scoring problem 10 times... my argument is trading Lindholm doesn't help fix any problems, it just makes more problems elsewhere.

^^ This

And you have yet to address the point that whatever difference there is in potential between pick 4/5 and pick 7 , it's not Lindholm. It's not like we're going without whats probably a top 10 pick. Hell, we may even have a top 5 pick already depending on how the rest of the season goes and how the lottery balls fall out

This may be the best draft in the history of ever, and yet it's still all potential which they may or may not achieve. The NHL is littered with top 5 picks that didn't pan out for one reason or another.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I'd like to be serious here:

It isn't because your ideas disagree with ours. I don't think there is an "our" idea. Maybe a general agreement on the direction the team is going, and some ideas on what could be done, but that's it. I suspect even that changes from person to person.

The issue is that your ideas are so far-fetched that they reach the point of absurdity. You aren't giving any consideration at all for what is realistically feasible, or what the "other" team might be looking to gain. How many teams in the past decade have traded a known top 5 pick? How many teams in the past two decades have traded a known 1st overall pick?

Even if a team is willing to move a pick like that, why would they? What is their motivation?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd like to be serious here:

It isn't because your ideas disagree with ours. I don't think there is an "our" idea. Maybe a general agreement on the direction the team is going, and some ideas on what could be done, but that's it. I suspect even that changes from person to person.

The issue is that your ideas are so far-fetched that they reach the point of absurdity. You aren't giving any consideration at all for what is realistically feasible, or what the "other" team might be looking to gain. How many teams in the past decade have traded a known top 5 pick? How many teams in the past two decades have traded a known 1st overall pick?

Even if a team is willing to move a pick like that, why would they? What is their motivation?
Most teams are going to put protection on 1st round picks nowadays anyway, at least top 3/ if not top 5... unles they are getting a superstar player... rakell is a great player but hes not unprotected 1st good.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Pens need Rust right now because they aren’t tied for second last in the league and are in a playoff position.

Anaheim is going to be cutting salary soon. I live near there and know how their internal cap works.

What you don't realize is that with Kesler's contract being insured and the ducks being under the cap on top of that, they are already operating at the theoretical "internal cap" (which hasn't really been a thing the past few years). There is no need to cut salary.

I actually could see Manson as being one of the pieces the ducks could trade at the deadline if they're out of playoff contention or in the offseason. Trading him would create a big hole at RHD, but I think he may not be part of the core going forward and he would bring a very good return given his contract and reputation (which he has not been playing up to the past year or so). I think he and henrique for that matter are much more likely to be traded than Rakell or Silf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad