OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It seems like Shelton is absolutely obsessed with having 1 dogshit reliever who throws hard but can't hit the strike zone to save his life. Last year it was Selby, this year it's Nicolas.

Now they're in line to blow a 6-1 lead because Shelton's idiocy with putting a shitty reliever in a high leverage situation.

Okay I'm turning off this game. Absolutely disgusting implosion.

I don't even care if they win, it's an absolutely embarrassing show.

Fiji Water

Jan 16, 2004
This inning encapsulates the last 30 yrs of Pirates baseball perfectly, lol. 5 run lead blown, 4 consecutive walks, debut of your best prospect maybe ever ruined, and the final run being scored with 2 out and 2 strikes right before the game becomes official. Again, lol

Reactions: td_ice

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There's a lot of stuff to be thrown around about this team, but I'm just still completely flabbergast that Shelton left Nicolas out there for as long as he did. I think it was stupid to put him in to begin with, but how could Shelton justify leaving him in for a hit batter followed by 3 walks without getting a strike?

Who knows if Fleming would have gotten out of it had he come in a batter or two earlier, but it's so frustrating to see Shelton in love with these dogshit hard throwing relievers that can't hit the strike zone at all.

My God they've even lost Empoleon. It really is bad.

It takes a special brand of stupidity for me to really blow up on this team. Shelton liking guys like Nicolas and Selby is one of those things.

Those guys with like 30 rated control shouldn't be in any MLB caliber bullpen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad