BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
DFA Tellez after this game

His batting sucks, his fielding sucks, his effort sucks, his attitude sucks

He needs to get confidence back somewhere else for a week

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Not really a bad start for Jones where he wasn't sharp and the Giants were successfully ambushing him. 5 IP 3 R isn't a good start, but if that's where your bad start is, meh. Hope he can put it behind him and come back out stronger next time.

Just seems like so often with a young pitcher, if the hitters have made an adjustment and have success, it's a total bomb show.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Not really a bad start for Jones where he wasn't sharp and the Giants were successfully ambushing him. 5 IP 3 R isn't a good start, but if that's where your bad start is, meh. Hope he can put it behind him and come back out stronger next time.

Just seems like so often with a young pitcher, if the hitters have made an adjustment and have success, it's a total bomb show.
Unfortunately, anything more than 0 runs is an automatic loss.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Need to lock in vs the A's but there's just no way to have any kind of optimism until the offense shows it's not anemic for a week or so.

The A's are actually coming off a series W against Baltimore and a split vs the Yankees, so they won't be a pushover. The only thing that seems to stand out on paper is that they might be a good matchup: their pitching really isn't that great outside of the bullpen. I wouldn't be shocked if our pitching run comes to an end fairly soon.

I think if you want to take an even more pessimistic angle on things, that's it. In spring training and headed into the season, a lot of people (myself included) thought the offense might be decent enough to carry things if we could get solid enough starting pitching. Instead, the starting pitching has basically been good enough that we should have 6 or 7 more wins and it's probably reasonable to think that can't continue.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Yeah, we don't want to go late into games with the score close

It's unlikely that we'll beat the bullpen

And the A's have some long bomb hitters with speed, too

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Checked out of this team.

Wake me up when Cruz or Davis isn't a terrible MLB baseball player, they have put Tellez out to pasture, and Cherington has been fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad