OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't mind Taylor being really aggressive here. It's not great to bail out Puk, but Taylor is definitely a guy who could make it 5-0. Just got under it but still gets the RBI.

Ugh, Cruz with a very bad aggressive move. Wonder if that's Rabelo again.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, not sure that can be hung on Rabelo. That's a huge momentum swing because it seemed very likely we'd at least get a 3rd run. Still seems likely Puk might only be slated for 5 IP, but that's a really big mistake.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Excellent job by Perez to put up a 0 there. Keeps the momentum in our direction and puts pressure on Puk to throw strikes and keep this game at 2-0.

I'd look to keep pressing his pitch count, but also see if he leaves one of those fastballs in a good location. I was actually hoping Cruz would have the green light on the first pitch because he got a great one to hit.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Early in the season so not sure this matters a ton, but now the game is about knocking him out in this inning and taxing the bullpen with the 4 game series. I can't see him making it into the fourth inning, so let's see if we can put up a crooked number here and just let Perez settle in and throw strikes.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really like what I've seen from Perez so far. I think he's the kind of veteran lefty you want to re-sign and contrast from the hard throwing righties in their rotation between Keller, Skenes, Jones and Oviedo.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Love those timely double plays.

Henry Davis is doing a pretty good job of pitch framing from what I've seen and my limited knowledge of the technique.

It stresses me out when i pay close attention because of all the fidgeting and the sharpness to his movements but he seems to be getting good results soooo, maybe i just need another beer

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't have a great feeling about this one. We're just letting the Marlins hang around and making way too many mistakes.

Now Hayes makes a terrible throw and it's going to be 4-2 soon. Perez probably not going past this inning. Just feels like an easy win that is slipping away.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This is good by Shelton to go aggressive for the bullpen here. Perez was solid enough for eating innings, but he did a lot of nibbling around the edges. Hard to blame him too much given bad bounces and defense behind him, but this kind of thing is about what you can expect from him -- 5+ decent innings, enough to stay in the game and win if the offense shows up.

We are gonna need some luck and/or some more offense to really win this one. Just hard to believe that we're one more swing away from a completely 50/50 game with how bad Puk was.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Wow 2 errors for Hayes
Gold glove, green glove.. Who gives a shit

Lol

1711759898784.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: GilbertSeinfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad