Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
430599.jpg

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Going back to the Soria for Jones trade.

We got a pitcher who, outside of a a small stretch in June has looked pretty good this year among a terrible pile of crap that is Detroit's bullpen. He's a multi game AS player who's been around the block.

I can't say that I've seen Jones play live (I catch quite a bit of AA ball in Altoona, Harrisburg and Reading) since he was only up with Altoona for a few games. But everything i've read on him by folks like Tim Williams paint him as a guy who will flash that tantalizing talent but will very likely end up as an average MLB'er at best/backup type. He's going to be at least 24 before hitting AAA and at least 25 i'd guess before hitting the big league circuit.

Soria is a proven back end bullpen arm who we don't even need to be "the guy". Let him pitch the 7th (occasionally 8th if Watson needs a breather or has a melt down). I feel a lot better about our back end with him joining The Shark, Mr. "It's Elementary", and Double Play Hughes.

We got a very solid bullpen arm without sacrificing much at all in the pipeline. Especially when you consider we have numerous middle IF who profile much better long term already (Hanson, Tucker, Newman etc)

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
So far Burnett looks like this might be a short outing for him. He has little to no command of his pitches.

NH might do well to grab a starter.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
Burnett has looked like he retired since the all-star game. He's just been abysmal.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Searage and a couple other coaches having a group pow wow. They look a bit concerned.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Well, it doesn't look like he will give up 11 hits tonight because he will be lucky to go two innings.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I definitely agree Big.

Looks like Gomez and Fiers have been traded to Houston.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
This is seriously concerning, and I mean that with the rest of the season in mind and not just this game. Losing Burnett would be a real punch in the gut.

It could change the dynamic on NH sitting pat before tomorrows deadline I would think. Blanton CAN"T be their back up plan.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Reds have been batting Hamilton for a long time. Not sure how long but he was batting 8th the last time the Pirates played the Reds.

8th I can see. But in the NL batting someone other than the pitcher 9th is extremely rare. Especially someone like Hamilton that has such great speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad