OT: Rain

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
So did I :laugh: Momo is still here though, so that's good. I need news from mah hood.

I have a love/hate relationship with Mtl-Nord.

Where'd you move to? I moved between papineau and beaudry metro (so gay village, i think). Two streets from st- catherine. I am totally not missing the restaurant scene from back home :sarcasm:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
DDO has its power back. There's nothing scarier than a suburb with no functioning family restaurants.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Where'd you move to? I moved between papineau and beaudry metro (so gay village, i think). Two streets from st- catherine. I am totally not missing the restaurant scene from back home :sarcasm:

I've heard there are some great restaurants/cafes around there. All jokes aside, it's probably the coolest part of town I don't know.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
West Island is getting hammered right now. I have no electricity

EDIT: I also have to leave for work in an hour. Fun times

Luckily still have power here in DDO.

I'm glad I haven't gone to get my new car yet... 3 big branches from my neighbors tree fell on my old one and made huge dents in it...

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
It's been weird in Saint-Constant so far. 1 minute it's fine, the wind is gone and it seems like it's all over. the next minute all hell breaks loose and it's the end of the world. Rince and repeat

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Am i the only one that thinks yesterday was worse? Some street near where i live were flooded, and visibility was almost zero. Hell i almost got into an accident on the 13 because someone next to me was matching my speed, and was shooting literally gallons of water into my windshield within seconds, and i couldn't see anything with my wipers on max. :laugh:

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
We have power here in Westmount. we don't lose it like the rest of you in the sweaty, unwashed masses

that being said poor Shakespeare in the park. three days in a row of getting absolutely rinsed. not even sure it's still on here in Westmount park tonight. wonder if it's the tempest?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Reminds me of the time i went to cuba. The days were gorgeous and at night it would rain like it hadn't rained in months for a couple of hours and then stop.

Everything seems normal here in the plateau. Love thunderstorms <3

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We have power here in Westmount. we don't lose it like the rest of you in the sweaty, unwashed masses

that being said poor Shakespeare in the park. three days in a row of getting absolutely rinsed. not even sure it's still on here in Westmount park tonight. wonder if it's the tempest?

Pass by Shakespeare in the park not too long ago, was in St-Laurent....I guess amongst the only time where it was really great outside lately....

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Ha, nice. I'm in freaking Fredericton, NB :laugh:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It's really dark outside here now. :sarcasm:

But seriously... I have to walk 2-3 kms later tonight (around midnight) to come back home from the bus. :rant: I hope we only get this storm in the middle of the night. Winds have been getting faster since I last posted.

Analyzer*

My town sucks so much the storm left after being here for 10 minutes.

Full on tornado warning and everything.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
No power here. It's flickered on and off a few times. Trees down everywhere; on the ground, hydro lines, and vehicles. Didn't see any trees on houses, thankfully, but I also didn't drive around looking either.

So many roads closed. In a small town, it makes driving very interesting.

Analyzer*

I know this feel.

Heavy rain, wind blowing like crazy, insane thunder and lightning... ten minutes later, I'm wondering where the hell it all went. These kinds of storms don't last long enough.

Exactly. People were getting texts from their friends and family in Pembroke (About 45 minutes west of Renfrew) that the wind was strong enough to move parked cars.

Everyone in a mini panic. Big let down.

I think these storms lately are more of a let down than my sexual performances.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Luckily I never get affected when there are big storms causing damage in the city, I never realize how bad the storms gets until people tell me about it because my neighborhood hardly gets hit
My luck may run out now that I've said this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad