NFL: Raiders hiring Mike Mayock to be GM

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
mayock is the best draft "expert"

sad to see him go but will be interesting to see how he does running a team. joke's on whoever hires mel kiper

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yep the draft wont be same without him

Figured he would eventually take chance as GM and given his relationship with Gruden it makes sense

With how important the draft will be for Raiders in next few years he is exactly the type of man they need

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
mayock is the best draft "expert"

sad to see him go but will be interesting to see how he does running a team. joke's on whoever hires mel kiper

I think Daniel Jeremiah is the guy I would hire to run my team if I was picking out of network guys.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Jeremiah or Louis Riddick. Both former personnel guys but kind of wonder why they haven't gotten back into the league. They are both young.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No idea how he'll be as a GM, especially with Gruden in charge, but I'm going to miss his draft coverage. DJ should take over that role as the main draft analyst and do just fine.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
People actually watch drafts these days?

This would normally be good but with the amount of money and power Gruden now has i'm not so sure.

The NFL draft did better ratings than the Stanley Cup Finals last year and did great ratings. So yes, people are watching.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jeremiah or Louis Riddick. Both former personnel guys but kind of wonder why they haven't gotten back into the league. They are both young.

DJ has apparently had chances to be in the mix for jobs but turned them down. I think he'll get a chance eventually.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yep the draft wont be same without him

Figured he would eventually take chance as GM and given his relationship with Gruden it makes sense

With how important the draft will be for Raiders in next few years he is exactly the type of man they need

Yeah, I’m optimistic about this but can’t go anywhere but up.

Raiders have 3 first rounders this year, back to the drawing board.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The NFL draft did better ratings than the Stanley Cup Finals last year and did great ratings. So yes, people are watching.

Everything does better than the NHL. Hockey is a niche, regional, class based sport. The winter olympics always draw far worse than the summer games. So I mean thats not earth shattering.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, I’m optimistic about this but can’t go anywhere but up.

Raiders have 3 first rounders this year, back to the drawing board.

Drafting hasn't really been a strong area for Gruden so bringing in Mayock in a year like this could be really good for the Raiders if he's allowed to do his job without interference.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Drafting hasn't really been a strong area for Gruden so bringing in Mayock in a year like this could be really good for the Raiders if he's allowed to do his job without interference.

Which is specifically why Mayock has been brought in to do.
Also, he can upgrade the personnel on the team too..which player can fit in to which position.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is essentially if a team took a chance and hired Pierre McGuire their GM in the NHL.

Mayock knows his stuff to a pretty damn high degree so i can see why one would take the gamble. The problem becomes more apparent when you realize this was a Gruden hire so it just reeks of being a giant meme like the rest of that franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad