GDT: rags @ SAUNA

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
listen we can blame Freddy all the f*** we want, he wasnt the reason they went down 3-0. I wrote this series off at that point as any reasonable person would.

What confounds me is playing the regular season like its the playoffs and rotating goalies every night, and then getting to the playoffs and not doing that. I know its conventional wisdom to have that #1 guy but if you split starts during the season why would you expect a goalie to all of a sudden play every game? Espescially one who was a goddamn potentially life threatening medical condition

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Freddie’s choking in the playoffs is a Toronto talking point because they can’t accept their team wasn’t good enough. They just blame the soft goal instead of the team blowing games he won for them
Only if you ignore the fact he just choked in the playoffs

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
The sad part is that the window for this era of Canes is rapidly closing.

There's a lot of decisions to be made and this was good of a team as we've had since 2006.
How is our window closing exactly? Our window is still well open with our farm and age of the core

Only if you ignore the fact he just choked in the playoffs
He didn’t but go on

I guess we should ignore the pp, not scoring in ot, or the porous defense the last 20 minutes.

hurricure

Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
How is our window closing exactly? Our window is still well open with our farm and age of the core

He didn’t but go on

I guess we should ignore the pp, not scoring in ot, or the porous defense the last 20 minutes.
Yea man… he was a difference maker out there… for the Rags…: if you want to ignore the shit goals he let in fill your boots…

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The fact of the matter is, that 2nd goal CANNOT go in. It changed the entire landscape of the game. There’s no defending that. It wasn’t a quick stuff attempt, nor was it an unexpected one. Freddie saw it all the way and it still got by him. And it wasn’t the first time this series he was having trouble locating the post.

Special teams and goaltending. Same problems every year.

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
It’s not just age…

Staal having the most 5v5 TOI this game and insisting on playing Martinook in the top six is mind boggling. I’d like to see Daniels gone.

Well said. As someone posted earlier, He would be suitable as a 4th line center. He had 1 freaking goal the entire playoffs. It was a great goal, but 1 goal and he was one of the most used players and put out in all the crucial situations.

Martinook, who I think is more of a Pat Maroon player, got his top 6 spot with 2 goals.

Teravainen played an avg of 18 mins a game and had 2 goals.

The coach has his faves and refuses to make adjustments.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
The sad part is that the window for this era of Canes is rapidly closing.

There's a lot of decisions to be made and this was good of a team as we've had since 2006.
It is sad, but having all of these expiring contracts is a bit of a blessing… this team wasn’t getting it done, you can only run it back so many times… It’s time for a mini-reset, and infuse some youth in the line-up.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
The fact of the matter is, that 2nd goal CANNOT go in. It changed the entire landscape of the game. There’s no defending that. It wasn’t a quick stuff attempt, nor was it an unexpected one. Freddie saw it all the way and it still got by him. And it wasn’t the first time this series he was having trouble locating the post.

Special teams and goaltending. Same problems every year.
It was funny listening to Boucher defend him on that goal by saying “nothing you can do, he just didn’t see Kreider”.

Like, dude. Kreider was literally a foot in front of him. How can any professional goalie NOT see him? f***ing Ayres would’ve seen him there lol

hurricure

Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC

He didn’t but go on

I’m not ingnoring that man… it contributed… but you ignoring Freddy played shitty is exactly what someone pointed out earlier… contrarian to be contrarian…with steady goaltending we are still f***ing playing right now

MWCanes

Feb 8, 2021
We have several roster issues (some already discussed) but our defensemen were much worse in the playoffs than we need. I didn’t expect them to be a strength but I hope we have a plan to address this during the offseason.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
We have several roster issues (some already discussed) but our defensemen were much worse in the playoffs than we need. I didn’t expect them to be a strength but I hope we have a plan to address this during the offseason.
The entire right side needs to be revamped.

Burns cannot play top pairing minutes anymore (and honestly should retire, he showed his age in the playoffs), Pesce is most likely not being re-signed and Chatfield/TDA are third pairing Dmen at best.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Guys, the answer is somewhere in the middle.

The team collapsed in the 3rd. Freddie also played bad and let in 2 gamechanging soft goals.

It’s ok to say both.
This is very true, but Freddie was a bit of a catalyst to the rest of the team collapsing, let’s call it 60-40

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011

Because you're going to have to make some decisions. Jarvis / Necas / Drury all need raises.

DeAngelo / Pesce / Chatfield / Skjei need more $$$ or they're gone. Or we'll let them go

Turbo / Noesen / Marty need to be signed

You need to sign Slavin before he hits UFA after next season

Alot of this group could be gone

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I’m not ingnoring that man… it contributed… but you ignoring Freddy played shitty is exactly what someone pointed out earlier… contrarian to be contrarian…with steady goaltending we are still f***ing playing right now
If we had special teams in the first 3 games we end this in 5. If we had a typical 3rd period we are playing on Saturday. But yay, lets focus on freddie.

Reactions: The Jerk Store

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Because you're going to have to make some decisions. Jarvis / Necas / Drury all need raises.

DeAngelo / Pesce / Chatfield / Skjei need more $$$ or they're gone. Or we'll let them go

Turbo / Noesen / Marty need to be signed

You need to sign Slavin before he hits UFA after next season

Alot of this group could be gone
That doesn’t mean our window is close to closed though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad