GDT: rags @ SAUNA

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Goalie landscape is tough out there. I know people are angry at Freddie right now, but we could do a lot worse. If they can find a way to upgrade, go for it, but it is easier said than done. Koch will obviously be the best chance long term.
And I'm not going to bury him, but I do of course question some of the decisions by Brindy. Much more than anything about his assistants.

I truly have no idea what direction they'll head this off-season right now. So many monumental decisions. Will they use the opportunity to really define the core and bring some new blood in?

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Everyone blaming Freddie, but ignoring Staal taking a penalty you cannot take in a do or die playoff game. And then Aho with a terrible turnover when he had an easy chance to clear and they never got out of the zone after that.

I don't think Brind'Amour is the God some ppl think he is. First of all, after the first round win, him and his agent leaking the contract stuff to put the focus on him getting more $ in the middle of the playoffs is one of the most selfish things I've seen a coach do.

Jarvis led the team with 5 playoff goals. Kuznetsov had 4 with almost no PP time and playing with 4th liners. Would have loved to see at some point, Rod make an adjustment and try him on a line that actually had possession of the puck since he's one of the players capable of scoring...but Rod is so stubborn he makes no changes.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Can’t let those weak goals in he let in. Did Igor let any of those in? Nope he didn’t that’s the difference. Seen once the series went on less penalties called and Carolina was better 5 on 5 but didn’t get the big saves
Comparing Freddie and Shesterkin is funny.

We didn’t need Freddie to be shesterkin. We needed him to be Freddie. He was fine. Team just lost a couple of coin flips, couldn’t get their special teams going for 3 games, and decided to crap hard in a home 3rd period

Reactions: Kalv

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
Again Andersen wasn't the problem. Our coach's inability to recognize someone isn't right and to go with another player was the problem. Rod lets some players play through adversity and keeps others on a short leash. It's very frustrating.
Exactly!!! Very frustrating indeed.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Again Andersen wasn't the problem. Our coach's inability to recognize someone isn't right and to go with another player was the problem. Rod lets some players play through adversity and keeps others on a short leash. It's very frustrating.
Bull
f***ing
Shit

Freddie was the problem. He's a f***ing joke. f*** that motherf***er

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

We didn’t need Freddie to be shesterkin. We needed him to be Freddie. He was fine. Team just lost a couple of coin flips, couldn’t get their special teams going for 3 games, and decided to crap hard in a home 3rd period
And Freddie was Freddie lol good for portions of the game but always has that 1 goal go in that can’t and that was every game. He’s proven he can’t do it happened in Toronto as well

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
its age, under 28 short leash, over 28, its good ole hockey guy

Reactions: dogbazinho

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA

Agreed Andersen is no Shesterkin but Kooch could be, if given the confidence and playing time that Andersen seemed to get.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I still think KK has potential.
Yes, but is there space to play him at C?

Even if they don’t move Jarvis or Necas, they have Aho, Kuznetsov, Staal, Kotkaniemi, and Drury to play C.

I think you work on Kuznetsov’s fitness this offseason and either move or buy out Kotkaniemi.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
And Freddie was Freddie lol good for portions of the game but always has that 1 goal go in that can’t and that was every game. He’s proven he can’t do it happened in Toronto as well
Just like Toronto, 1 that shouldnt go in wasnt the reason he lost. The team was. Just as it was in this series. Toronto can’t come to grips with that fact either

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
I am seriously confused why Rod was so stubborn with staying with Andersen in goal. The one game Kotchetkov played, he was pretty solid… but right back to Andersen for no reason as he was letting in softies every game.

Someone in the press needs to press Rod to get to the bottom of it, because it needs an explanation, otherwise Rod deserves a lot of blame here.

We were dominating the 3rd until Freddie let in a softie, it changed the whole game.

Shesterkin wasn’t great, but he wasn’t letting in softies and making some difficult saves when they were needed. Andersen was letting in soft goals just about every game, and those difficult saves were few and far between.

#The goat has been scaped (earned imo)

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

You’re right, you can’t compare them. Igor knows how to cover a goal post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad