GDT: Rags/Caps - Who we play next edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Figured this is probably the biggest non-Lightning game of the season, so we can discuss it and the implications on the next series here.

A few talking points:
Marty St. Louis sucks
Ovechkin did the "fire stick" celebration against us
Anisimov shot our goalie (yeah I know he's not with the team anymore but still screw him)

If the Caps win, we get home ice. If the Rangers win, we go to MSG. The league is going to do it's best to prop up our struggling franchise, so I think the Caps will win to get us more gate revenue.

So let's go!

JS91

May 14, 2014
I'm really hoping the Rangers win it. Caps are one of my favorites because Ovi is awesome and I really don't want to develop any bad feelings towards them. I also think that they are much more likely to beat us than the Rangers.
We didn't do that well against them during the season and just the thought of Sustr & Carle vs Backstrom and Ovi gets me looking for my stress ball.

Rangers on the other hand would be really interesting matchup. I'd imagine Boyle, Stralman and Callahan (if he can play) would be extra motivated and give absolutely everything they got to prove they chose the right team. I've heard that Marty hasn't been that good so far and hopefully that continues. Too bad we don't have Gudas anymore but I think I could live with Cally or Paquette absolutely leveling him too.
Lundqvist vs Bishop isn't that comforting, but Bishop did just outplay Price who will win the Vezina and likely the Hart too.

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
Congratulation to you and your team.
The better team won and i hope you win the East

Once again, good job and i honestly can say that you are nice fan base!
Good luck on your run

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I want the Rangers. Callahan checking MSL into the boards will certainly make my day but prefer he scores on them.

Its a Bolts Life

Jan 29, 2015
I wanna play the rangers, the story line for us would be better anyway.
I'd imagine Boyle, Stralman and Callahan (if he can play) would be extra motivated and give absolutely everything they got to prove they chose the right team.
That's an excellent point as well. Pretty sure Boyle and Stralman want to win a Cup, and go through the team that didn't resign them (instead signed an older defensemen that isn't working out anymore)
This would be a series where we see how good our team actually is. We have played well against New York, but as well saw against Montreal the playoffs are completely different scenario. Everyone must show up.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
If we can play every game like last night, it won't matter who we play against. Yeah, I said it.

I'd rather it be the Rangers. But it'll be the Caps because I just got back home from DC after spending months there, and would have loved nothing more than to have seen a game against the Bolts, and because God hates me, the Caps will win, and it'll be rubbed in my face every time they play at the Verizon Center.

Anyway, yes, I'd prefer it were the Rangers. Mostly for the storyline. But then again, we all assumed we'd have some fire for the Habs series, and, lets be honest, we didn't look that great for the majority of that series. The Caps always find a way to light us up. And with Trotz at the helm, they actually play defense now.

If we played the Caps, moved on, and then played the Hawks, we'd have played a team in red every round :sarcasm:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm indifferent to who we face. This Game 7 is going to be very physical and it's going to be very ugly and whoever wins it is going to have to earn it.. My gut tells me we are in for a classic tonight. I can't wait!

I also think we have lucked out tremendously from a rest standpoint because counting today we have 3 days until our next game on Saturday. That is neither so much time off that we are going to come out rusty and neither so little rest that we are going to come out like we needed more time to recuperate. Coop and the Lightning players have said on more than one occasion that the 2 games off between this game and the last one was crucial because they were getting worn out. 3 days off sounds perfect to me.

You know the boys are gonna be eating beer and chicken wings tonight while the Rangers and Capitals slug it out and play for their lives. They'll get to watch the game as fans just like we will.

That's gonna be a HUGE advantage going into the ECF. The only bigger advantage I can think of would be a playing game 1 at home.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
If we can play every game like last night, it won't matter who we play against. Yeah, I said it.

I'd rather it be the Rangers. But it'll be the Caps because I just got back home from DC after spending months there, and would have loved nothing more than to have seen a game against the Bolts, and because God hates me, the Caps will win, and it'll be rubbed in my face every time they play at the Verizon Center.

Anyway, yes, I'd prefer it were the Rangers. Mostly for the storyline. But then again, we all assumed we'd have some fire for the Habs series, and, lets be honest, we didn't look that great for the majority of that series. The Caps always find a way to light us up. And with Trotz at the helm, they actually play defense now.

If we played the Caps, moved on, and then played the Hawks, we'd have played a team in red every round :sarcasm:

so if we play caps hawks we play all red teams and beat them im wondering has it ever been done???

But my bigger question is more if get rangers hawks??

has any team ever in last say 50 years played the original four and taken them down in the playoffs ???

we got the wings and canadians if get rangers and hawks??? thats dammmeed solid to put us on the map of excellence of the future haha and start this dynasty out right whoooo hoooo

goooooooooooooooo bolts and what a game last night expected that every game lol and even when up 3-0 was like we aint playing like we can yelling at tv lmao

last night after first period i was like yes two more periods like this and we are there and i said to mom and dad was best we played in this series best period etc.. so if bishop did his job we we closing it out.

so finally since game six and seven of detroit
series i was finally happy with out play

and yes game two was cool but that was not played that well we were sloppyy

last night we were quicker ben was passing making montreal back off we were step ahead i didnt feel that in game two just that montreal was emotional and screwing up and we got some great passes with man advantage four times in a row

we still had issues

looking at last nights play??? we can beat anyone we play like that

warlord6

Jan 13, 2010
FLA
Just looking forward to watching a game tonight where I can actually relax and drink a couple beers.

instead of last night, when I was pretty much standing at the position of attention the entire game, and an emotional basket-case.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Just looking forward to watching a game tonight where I can actually relax and drink a couple beers.

instead of last night, when I was pretty much standing at the position of attention the entire game, and an emotional basket-case.

So the difference between drinking a couple of beers and a whole lot of beers... I know that story.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah tonight is just a very relaxed game, want the Rangers really bad, but just happy we are in the conference finals.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Rangers defense hasn't really showed up and I think that would continue into the eastern finals if they would win tonight and by saying that I rather meet them. Caps are physical and on a roll and does anything to stop things from happening in their own zone. Bishop has never been good against the top Russian talents, Ovi, Malkin etc.

Before the playoffs started I would probably pick the Caps even if I always knew they were underrated.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm really ried but I'm considering staying up to watch that game, could be fun to watch one where you can just relax for a change (since the Bolts like to test our nerves a lot when they play), guess we'll see.

Oh, and this could be good to know, should be posted when we open a thread about next matchup:

Tough if we face the rangers ince the home team tends to be better when it's early games.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Before the playoffs started I said I wanted the Rangers and Habs. That still stands.

Before the playoffs started I said I didn't want the Caps or Isles. That still stands.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Rather face Rangers, Rangers have the defense to shut down Ovechkin, we don't, and he scores on Bishop...a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad