[RAGE] Giroux and Couts will leave after the season for sure!

Are G and Couts here next Season?

• Total voters

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I cant believe this two class acts will longer look at this franchise and gonna say. Yeah iam proud to play here and want to help this Franchise to win a Stanley Cup.

I fully expect the 2 to go elsewhere. Couts will get a lot of huge offers and also really good offers from Cup Contenders with Gm´s and Coaches who know the game of hockey! Giroux will go Cup hunting with other teams. I really like him to play the next years for teams near the final step.

I wouldnt be surprised if thats the plan of this franchise anyway.

One last horray to be Cup contenders with Couts and Giroux here. If they fail, they trade them at the trade deadline for 1st rounders and recoup the picks they lost. If they make the playoffs, they tap themselves on the shoulder.

Ristolainen will have the chance to show he is able to be a great top 4 (i doubt it strongly). If he is, they will resign him. If not, they will swap for a 2nd on the trade deadline.

I cant stand this approach cause its so short sighted. But Fletcher need to have success to secure his job. Because of this he has gone all in. But the Fletcher way. Acquire middle of the pack (in the best case) players for top notch money. But because he payed top notch money (and assets) he talks himself and the franchise in believing he has gotten Superstars!

Not he has no!! He has f***ed the franchise over! Thx for nothing!!!

So who believes G and Couts are here next season??

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
not the rebuild thread.
slapshot_1.gif

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Honestly? They should both walk. I think they are classy guys and will say the right things about wanting to be here. But this franchise has no direction, and the GM has no idea what he's doing. This is the most depressed I've ever been about this team. I always thought G and Couturier would finish their careers here, no idea if they will want to now.

pooch

May 30, 2017
Is adding one of the worst defensemen in the league adding immediate on ice help?
I think we will have to wait and see how he does in a 2nd pairing role with Sanheim. I do think the D group will be much better than last season even though I hate the price they paid to do it.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
It would be insane for Couturier not to go elsewhere. G maybe might like the idea of being the face of the franchise for so long, but if he wants to win, he should leave as well.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think we will have to wait and see how he does in a 2nd pairing role with Sanheim. I do think the D group will be much better than last season even though I hate the price they paid to do it.

I guarantee you Risto will end up with Provorov for stretches. It’s inevitable there’s rotating, and Fletcher specifically said Ellis could play with Sanheim the other day. And the Flyers used the Sanheim pair against relatively equal competition as the Provorov last season. That’s what good teams do. Alas!

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
First of all, Hextall should have traded Giroux and Voracek for a king's ransom when he was rebuilding. He didn't and all the Flyers have left to show for it are more underwhelming seasons and GM/coach firings. If Giroux walks, so be it. I wouldn't blame him one bit, and I wouldn't want to work for Comcast either if I had the choice. That said, the Flyers should have sold high on him and didn't.

As for for Couturier, he must be licking his chops thinking about what a dope like Fletcher will offer him in terms of compensation. If I'm Couturier, I'm bending Chuck over the barrel and signing for max everything, because Fletcher is foolish enough to do it.

Couturier should have been traded this offseason before they either lose him or overpay by a ton, for a huge haul. But Fletcher has no true plan other than rearranging the deck chairs. While being saddled with poor contracts, he just brought in an oft-injured, 30 year old defenseman with SIX years remaining on a $6.25 mil contract. In a couple of years, Ellis' contract will be an albatross just like Hayes, Voracek and JVR... and soon to be Couturier... and possibly Ristolainen.

Today's NHL is quite simple -- you lock your big dollars into IMPACT, franchise players then round out with the rest. The Flyers don't really have many "impact superstars" so they are overpaying for lesser versions, while prohibiting themselves from ever escaping cap hell. It's a vicious cycle. They should have moved 28 and 93 during the rebuild and put together a team who would be about to embark on a 10-year run right now... but they rode the median. Fletcher is also riding the median but he's doing it with flat tires and a gas leak.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
G and Coots are more likely to reup now than before the trades occurred. Flyers defense is better now than it was at the end of the regular season and they got rid of Patrick as well. What do they care about draft picks that won’t be around for years if ever.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
G and Coots are more likely to reup now than before the trades occurred. Flyers defense is better now than it was at the end of the regular season and they got rid of Patrick as well. What do they care about draft picks that won’t be around for years if ever.

The 1st they threw away today could went towards maybe Reinhart and they could've just signed a UFA defenseman.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
What do they care about draft picks that won’t be around for years if ever.

True point. If they both like it here in Philly, they will cash in. Couturier will receive a blank check and Giroux will be extended with a "feel good" 2 mil overpayment per year.

potsiev2

Jul 4, 2011
Delaware
I cant believe this two class acts will longer look at this franchise and gonna say. Yeah iam proud to play here and want to help this Franchise to win a Stanley Cup.

I fully expect the 2 to go elsewhere. Couts will get a lot of huge offers and also really good offers from Cup Contenders with Gm´s and Coaches who know the game of hockey! Giroux will go Cup hunting with other teams. I really like him to play the next years for teams near the final step.

I wouldnt be surprised if thats the plan of this franchise anyway.

One last horray to be Cup contenders with Couts and Giroux here. If they fail, they trade them at the trade deadline for 1st rounders and recoup the picks they lost. If they make the playoffs, they tap themselves on the shoulder.

Ristolainen will have the chance to show he is able to be a great top 4 (i doubt it strongly). If he is, they will resign him. If not, they will swap for a 2nd on the trade deadline.

I cant stand this approach cause its so short sighted. But Fletcher need to have success to secure his job. Because of this he has gone all in. But the Fletcher way. Acquire middle of the pack (in the best case) players for top notch money. But because he payed top notch money (and assets) he talks himself and the franchise in believing he has gotten Superstars!

Not he has no!! He has f***ed the franchise over! Thx for nothing!!!

So who believes G and Couts are here next season??
I'm sure they're both seething over these draft picks being traded

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The 1st they threw away today could went towards maybe Reinhart and they could've just signed a UFA defenseman.

Yeah, as much as we might value this stuff, players I imagine don't goddamn give a f*** about Risto's analytics or assorted draft picks. They'll miss Ghost. They'll work with Risto and maybe become friends and maybe not. They're professionals.

I can guarantee Giroux isn't sitting at home right now going "Oh wow, f*** this, I totally am leaving because we're not gonna have another f***ing prospect that maybe could become my teammate in maybe three years, when I'm 57 years old and primed for another 10 Cup runs."

Not a single f***, I guarantee it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I assume Giroux hasn't heard and doesn't care about his buds Voracek and JVR being left unprotected, Ghost getting traded for absolutely nothing, and the fact that Fletcher is actively trying to trade one of their best players who Giroux's been playing with for almost 10 years. Meanwhile the garbage staff continues to do dumb shit that he knows is wrong and the GM hasn't come anywhere close to providing help for the top players, while they keep missing the playoffs and he gets scapegoated by idiot fans and media.

But sure, lets pretend this is just about the draft picks and analytics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad