Confirmed with Link: Raffl Signed to Multi-Year Extension (3 yrs/$2.35 AAV)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Do you have a reference for this? Can't seem to find a list of NHL players sorted by salary.

Look at contenders, nobody is paying wingers Raffl money for Raffl production.

New York gave Tanner Glass $1.45m AAV for three years.

Chicago gave Bickell $4m AAV for four years.

Washington gave Laich $4.5m for six years.

But Raffl is overpaid. :biglaugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Drouin is actually a good example, he gave TB 32 points, but 1 ES goal, couldn't play PK, and was spotted in the O-zone by a ridiculous margin to protect against his defensive deficiencies (shades of Vinnie!).

You can carry one of these guys for development (but they'd better develop), but not 2 or 3 without some serious damage to a playoff team. One reason bad teams are bad is their 2nd and 3rd lines are full of guys like this, who have skills but aren't ready for primetime.

And if you're going to carry one or two of these guys on your top three lines, you need guys like Raffl to protect them.

PensBrony 6 9*

A couple of comments attributed to Raffl on Wayne Fish's Twitter account:

Source link: https://twitter.com/waynefish1

wow, i don't think i've ever seen a player make that excuse. maybe he should learn to lift the puck off the ice and his production will go back up. not a bad contract though. even if it turns really sour, it's still moveable. it's not like a matt read contract. thank god he wasn't UFA after his 20 goal fluke like read was after 30

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
He is one of our most versatile forwards. Can play all 3 positions, kills penalties, and can be used on the powerplay. He isn't the goal scorer we all thought he might be after last season, but he will still be a valuable piece of the puzzle moving forward.

O yeah. He has 1:49 minutes in PK this season. Great P-killer. How about Selke for Raffl?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
O yeah. He has 1:49 minutes in PK this season. Great P-killer. How about Selke for Raffl?

So? That doesn't mean he can't do it, he's known as strong defensive player... VandeVelde or White are used ahead of him on PK and our PK is terrible... Raffl is among the best on team in terms of possession numbers (last season too). He has great numbers. He's quality bottom 6 player. Very deserving his new deal.

Hakstol and his weird obsession with VDV-PEB-White line...

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

If I remember correctly your the guy that dislikes Raffl quite abit.

He is a good pker. Because Lappy loves White/VV and doesnt play Raffl doesnt mean he isn't good at it. Our PK would easily be better with Raffl on it.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
If I remember correctly your the guy that dislikes Raffl quite abit.

He is a good pker. Because Lappy loves White/VV and doesnt play Raffl doesnt mean he isn't good at it. Our PK would easily be better with Raffl on it.

I like everyone guys in orange-and-black jersey, but if we want make great team-building, we can`t destroy our cap-space with same contracts. Ron makes great trade with Coburn-Gudas and sing Medvedev(nothing bad about Eugen, but 3 mill? oh no), Ron trades Luke and Winny, and sing Raffl. For what we clean space, if we make same things again, guys, sorry, but i don`t understand

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
wow, i don't think i've ever seen a player make that excuse. maybe he should learn to lift the puck off the ice and his production will go back up. not a bad contract though. even if it turns really sour, it's still moveable. it's not like a matt read contract. thank god he wasn't UFA after his 20 goal fluke like read was after 30

No situation is exactly the same. One that I do remember involved Mel Bridgman who admitted his play was subpar his final year of a contract due to the strains of negotiations. It is noteworthy in this light because he served as Flyers' captain at the time (when Bobby Clarke was player/assistant coach).

viggen

Mar 22, 2013
Carinthia
Raffl played all 82 games,
had his first 30 point season,
is the best Flyer in +/- ,
he is one of the most liked guy in the locker room,
can play every forward position if needed,
never does stupid things on ice,
battles very hard on the boards,
defensively very responsible
and that all for 2.35 mil. I think a good deal!

PensBrony 6 9*

No situation is exactly the same. One that I do remember involved Mel Bridgman who admitted his play was subpar his final year of a contract due to the strains of negotiations. It is noteworthy in this light because he served as Flyers' captain at the time (when Bobby Clarke was player/assistant coach).

Interesting. That was well before my time, but I'd assume players were a lot more candid with the media back then, and obviously a contentious negotiation in any situation can lower a person's commitment to the organization that's telling them they're worth much less than they think they are. I'm sure it has some effect but to blame a prolonged slump on it just seems like an excuse, and regardless of its validity it just seemed out of the ordinary for a player to come out and say that. Also, just last night he scored for the first time in like 15 games or whatever. Is he negotiating his next contract already? Like I said before, dude is a good third liner but they're asking for trouble if they ever expect more than that from him.

On a side note, voracek must have switched to raffl's curve, he seems to be having similar problems lifting the puck lately.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Bingo! :)

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
Interesting. That was well before my time, but I'd assume players were a lot more candid with the media back then, and obviously a contentious negotiation in any situation can lower a person's commitment to the organization that's telling them they're worth much less than they think they are. I'm sure it has some effect but to blame a prolonged slump on it just seems like an excuse, and regardless of its validity it just seemed out of the ordinary for a player to come out and say that. Also, just last night he scored for the first time in like 15 games or whatever. Is he negotiating his next contract already? Like I said before, dude is a good third liner but they're asking for trouble if they ever expect more than that from him.

On a side note, voracek must have switched to raffl's curve, he seems to be having similar problems lifting the puck lately.
6 games...they were crucial games but overshooting estimates too much become inaccuracy. He might have idk scored 21 goals on the first line just a season ago. Obviously his game fluctuates and he has a ceiling, however, he's definitely worth his contract.

PensBrony 6 9*

6 games...they were crucial games but overshooting estimates too much become inaccuracy. He might have idk scored 21 goals on the first line just a season ago. Obviously his game fluctuates and he has a ceiling, however, he's definitely worth his contract.

I thought I heard them say somewhere over 10 games on the broadcast, guess I was wrong. Either way, I didn't say the contract was bad at all. I think it's right on the money, I'm just hoping they don't plan on him taking a scoring role on the team, even if it is a secondary one. If it happens, great, but they need a proven scorer. They started the year under that assumption and it came within 4 points of burning them

ChumpyG

Jibbity jibbity
Feb 13, 2007
Portland, OR

Anyone who ever feels the urge to *hctib* about Raffl needs to read this.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
I thought I heard them say somewhere over 10 games on the broadcast, guess I was wrong. Either way, I didn't say the contract was bad at all. I think it's right on the money, I'm just hoping they don't plan on him taking a scoring role on the team, even if it is a secondary one. If it happens, great, but they need a proven scorer. They started the year under that assumption and it came within 4 points of burning them
He is definitely a player with a ceiling. As Philadelphia improves the role he plays will he an indicator of where the team is developmentally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad