Radulov

Status
Not open for further replies.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about him other than what I've read on this site's scouting report. He has 43GA with 36G, 64A, 100PTS on top of 75PIMs so far in the QMJHL. I know it's hard to judge a player's skill in those leagues but what I like is the fact that in 65 games last year in the same league he had 75PTS and is obviously getting better. The following is what HockeysFuture has on him. Does this about sum it up?...

8 - First line forward / No. 2 defenseman / No. 1 goaltender -- players with definite skill that might be just a cut below elite status, but still possessing All-Star potential. Think Patrik Elias, Keith Tkachuk, Mattias Ohlund, Adam Foote, Sean Burke, Olaf Kolzig.

C - May reach potential, could drop 2 ratings - has shown some flashes, but may ultimately not have what it takes to reach his potential.

Overall: Radulov is a finisher, who sees the ice well and is very skilled. He needs to further work on his skating, work on his physical presence and stabilize the mental aspects of his game to continue his development in the Super League (Russia 1).

Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bishop*

I was going to do a search on past Radulov threads, but it seems I don't have that ability...

I have him on my dynasty hockey league and whenever I enter into trade talks with another owner, his name ALWAYS comes up...

This kid has all the tools to be a first line forward in the NHL and the he will be there next year... The biggest question is his mental ability, though I think two things are working for him...

1) His older brother Igor was a washout in the Chicago Blackhawk system and this should make Alex have the drive to succeed...

2) He has gotten the development he needed in the juniors (from league play to international tourneys)...

I believe he can and will be on a scoring line to begin with and similar to all rookies, will have growing pains, but in the end expect him to be a solid second-liner that sees time on the PP...

70 points + isn't out of the question...

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
He will make the NHL thats for sure.. He look like a man among kids in that league.
He look very strong and from the 2 games i have seen of him this season, he is NHL ready and he is dangerous on every shift.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think the only reason he didn't make Nashville out of training camp was because of the numbers game. I'm sure he'll be on their team next year.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
SensGuy said:
I think the only reason he didn't make Nashville out of training camp was because of the numbers game. I'm sure he'll be on their team next year.

He had a great camp, but he's really only suited for a top 2 line role at this stage of his career. He's just not good enough to usurp a winger spot from two of Kariya, Sullivan, Walker, Erat, and Hartnell. He's good, but if he jumps ahead of two of those guys, then a cascading effect occurs and some guys might hit waivers. And not to mention he'd also have to beat out Scottie Upshall who is 3 years older and can play many different forward roles. It saved a lot of headaches by sending him back. He still needs work and while he could have learned on the fly in the NHL, he's used his time in the Q wisely.

Another camp like this past one and he will have a spot. They are going to 'move' people around to make that happen. If that means that Erat is gone via trade, I think it'll happen. If he has an average camp, I don't think the Preds would hesitate to send him to Milwaukee to start the season. I've seen plenty of prospects ruined because they were rushed too soon. Very few were ruined because they weren't brought up soon enough. 30-60 games in the AHL won't kill him. Either way, he's our 'stud' offensive prospect of the future, and I think I speak for most Preds fans when I say we are drooling at the chance to watch him play.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I tried doing a search first and when that didn't work i had no choice but to ask. I appreciate the help. :)

Glen Erickson

Oct 16, 2005
markzab79 said:
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I tried doing a search first and when that didn't work i had no choice but to ask. I appreciate the help. :)

Radulov is an improtant part of the Preds future because he has the potential to fill a role the club has always had trouble filling. Kariya and Sullivan are offensive threats...Radulov may be able to bring some additional size to the mix. The new NHL rules should enable Radulov to adapt to the pro game.

He's been dominant in the QMJHL, but at the WJC, I watched him four times and he was almost invisible. Maybe it was the Malkin factor...where every other line had to be more responsible defensively and just allow Malkin and crew to go balls out offensively? In any event, Radulov appeared uncomfortable at center. He had Ogorodnikov (NYI) and Voloshenko (MIN) on the wings.

In retrospect, I think it would have been interesting to have seen him develop in the WHL, where play is generally more physical and the travel is said to be challenging for many players. I sense he will have to toughen up from the neck up once the calibre of play around him is elevated next season. When things got tough at the WJC, I don't believe he responded as a leader.

However, I don't believe it will hurt for the Preds to be patient. Offensive upside is always valuable. And most first round draft picks seem to get the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad