Speculation: Radulov...yes this again

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
Trade ROR for d and sign radulov to a decent contract!

Yay or nay?

Tanguay dutch radulov
Landeskog mack Iggy
Mcgin Mitchell briere

Kulikov ej
Hejda Barrie
Holden redmund

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
ROR for Kulikov? We could do a hell of a lot better than that.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He's under contract with a team in the KHL. He's not allowed to sign with a NHL team since there is a player transfer agreement in place.

To be able to sign him, you have to get his KHL team to tear up the contract. It's highly unlikely.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Radulov is making 9M/year in the KHL so if we can't pay ROR, we sure as hell can't pay him.

Also, I'm not sure what is this love story between AVS fans and Kulikov but it needs to stop. Not even Panther fans value him nearly as much as some of you do. Kulikov's value is nowhere near ROR's.

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
if we do trade ror for kulikov somehow get ekblad as well

ror
barrie
Wilson/spare d-men
draft pick

kulikov
ekblad

to bad ror wasn't an avs fan growing up

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Radulov would swim across the ocean to play for Roy.... So long as there's a nice, fat contract waiting for him here in Denver as well. Which there won't be, because his demands would likely exceed 7+ million per season. It'd be nice to have Radulov sign here at a discounted price like 5 mil per season because he'd likely be re-energized play for Roy, but I don't hold my breath for him. He seems happy in the KHL.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Radulov would swim across the ocean to play for Roy.... So long as there's a nice, fat contract waiting for him here in Denver as well. Which there won't be, because his demands would likely exceed 7+ million per season. It'd be nice to have Radulov sign here at a discounted price like 5 mil per season because he'd likely be re-energized play for Roy, but I don't hold my breath for him. He seems happy in the KHL.

That's quite the discount here. It would literally cost him 4M dollars a year just to play for a coach that he liked as a junior. That's him, paying out of his pocket, 4M dollars per season to play for this coach. Four millions. Per year. For a coach.

Saying that it's not going to happen would be a bit of an understatement. :laugh:

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
That's quite the discount here. It would literally cost him 4M dollars a year just to play for a coach that he liked as a junior. That's him, paying out of his pocket, 4M dollars per season to play for this coach. Four millions. Per year. For a coach.

Saying that it's not going to happen would be a bit of an understatement. :laugh:

A large part of the draw would be the opportunity to play in the best league in the world, not just to play for Roy. The whole basis of this idea is that at a certain pony Radulov would want more than money, he's already got a pile of shekels, he'd want the challenge of playing for Roy with some awesome teammates against the best in the world. Will it happen? Who can say, but he might not be as money-hungry as O'Character.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
A large part of the draw would be the opportunity to play in the best league in the world, not just to play for Roy. The whole basis of this idea is that at a certain pony Radulov would want more than money, he's already got a pile of shekels, he'd want the challenge of playing for Roy with some awesome teammates against the best in the world. Will it happen? Who can say, but he might not be as money-hungry as O'Character.

He's had the experience of playing in the best league in the world already. He even had playoff experience (more than much of the Avs roster), but I never sensed from anything I've read that he was as interested in playing with/against the best, but just playing where he could get paid and it would mostly be "on his terms".

While I agree he may come back to the league at some point, I think in order for it to happen in the near future it really would need to factor on Roy convincing him to walk away from that mega contract and come over, otherwise I think he'll be content collecting that large salary and being able to work a little less while still being a top player in the league he's in.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is awful.

A ROR for Kulikov trade would spell the end of Roy and Sakic's time running this ship IMO. That's atrocious value.

And the Radulov stuff needs to stop. He's not coming over to play, end of story. This isn't speculation at all.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Call it a hunch, but I think Radulov would fall outside of the organization's "salary structure"...

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I have no idea why some people on this site have an obsession (fantasy?) with him.

OldSchoolAvalanche*

With the issues the two countries this could change in the very near future.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
This is awful.

A ROR for Kulikov trade would spell the end of Roy and Sakic's time running this ship IMO. That's atrocious value.

And the Radulov stuff needs to stop. He's not coming over to play, end of story. This isn't speculation at all.

As much as we feel on HFboards that we have a say in things, we don't. Im sure trades are discussed in great detail with all the important people in the organization. I don't think Roy gets drunk at a bar makes a trade and then everyone finds out the next morning. Roy and Sakic aren't making any trade decisions right now that are going to cost them their jobs.

I have no idea why some people on this site have an obsession (fantasy?) with him.

He's one of the best wingers in the world who had a great relationship with Roy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is grinding my gears, but why the hell is this under speculation?

Speculation is that there is a rumour or story behind this. This is just one poster's opinion that doesn't have one single piece of information to include this in the speculation field.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
This is grinding my gears, but why the hell is this under speculation?

Speculation is that there is a rumour or story behind this. This is just one poster's opinion that doesn't have one single piece of information to include this in the speculation field.

spec·u·late
ˈspekyəˌlāt/
verb
form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

Isn't this exactly what speculating is? If there was a rumor, it would have the rumor tag on it...

[MOD]

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Seems like the antithesis of Ryan O'Reilly; an offense-only player who bolted from the NHL for a huge pay day. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad