Value of: Radulov + Cogliano

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All we have is LDs, so that would be tough.

At this point I'd just go for St. Louis 2nd, Kulak, and Weal, for Cogliano and Radulov, don't worry about the prospect. I think we could probably then flip Weal for like a late round pick. We run in danger of having a lot of cap space and nowhere to spend it, but that's not the worst problem to have. But maybe by now you're reconsidering whether this is a good deal for you all, which is fair.

Think I talked myself out of this one. I think Alzner has to be part of the deal for us to take on that amount of salary and cap hits. The only pitch we can offer is a 2nd and 4th and it saves you substantial cap space for this year and next... even after an Alzner buyout. If that is a non starter, Habs are probably out. If you are ok with an Alzner buyout, we can talk more about what futures would be worth it for you. Kulak does not have to be part of the deal if he don't fit

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
People who keep making proposals to the Sens be like:

tenor.gif

It's not a post pointed at the Sens. What playoff team with a fully rounded out roster is going to take Cogliano now? At the deadline, sure. But now? I don't think so. So, you call up teams that need to stay above the floor. Those teams, that are cap floor teams, and are in the process of rebuilding/retooling, should definitely look at moves like this. They get a 4th line center that's excellent on draws and the PK and they can squeeze a quality pick out of Dallas for taking the cap space of the contract.

Oh, and pic fail.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Think I talked myself out of this one. I think Alzner has to be part of the deal for us to take on that amount of salary and cap hits. The only pitch we can offer is a 2nd and 4th and it saves you substantial cap space for this year and next... even after an Alzner buyout. If that is a non starter, Habs are probably out. If you are ok with an Alzner buyout, we can talk more about what futures would be worth it for you. Kulak does not have to be part of the deal if he don't fit
I figured. I felt like, unless Radulov was a secret gold mine to you, it would be tough to make the trade happen without sending much cap back.

But I appreciate the conversation! Thanks for good dialogue.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I figured. I felt like, unless Radulov was a secret gold mine to you, it would be tough to make the trade happen without sending much cap back.

But I appreciate the conversation! Thanks for good dialogue.

I'm a fan of Radulov but there is a concern he will be an overpaid top 9 forward in his age 34 and 35 seasons. He's clearly on the trend downwards. I think he shows up for a stretch and then disappears. He doesn't suck but if we add that kind of salary, we have cap issues this year and next. So that's why we would have no choice to ask for Alzner to be part of the deal. Not sure how much cap space you are looking to clear.

Probably falls through but see what other teams are offering and circle back if you have difficulty. Radulov + Cogliano buyout - Alzner buyout saves you $3.5M in cap space this year and $4.25M in cap space next year. If that is enough space you are looking for, we can talk what futures the Habs can include

Right back at you! Thanks for the conversation. Good luck with what you are trying to do. This flat cap is causing issues

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
He is . He can be traded now but he still has a NMC for the expansion draft. It's why i don't think he really can be moved despite him beeing cheaper than his caphit now.

Not without some major assets add.

Cogliano should be tradeable without that. He ain't all that good anymore but its one year and he can still provide a veteran mentor to younger guys even though he has absolutely no offensive game left to speak of.
Mo
Wow is this bad... We buy out Cogliano and give out a stud prospect in Harris and a decent #6D in Kulak... Radulov is 34 yrs old and declining
brutal That’s where were putting our cap space . Don’t sweat it . Bergevin wouldn’t do this in a million years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad