Player Discussion Radko Gudas

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
really like this signing for us (even though I really disliked him screaming at Woll during that leafs/panthers series). biggest hope is it stops people on here complaining about us being softest team to ever exist.
Well, that won't happen. The new narrative will just be, "aside from Gudas, this is the softest team in the league"!

I'm with you in that I also like this signing, though!

Reactions: Kalv and dracom
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
really like this signing for us (even though I really disliked him screaming at Woll during that leafs/panthers series). biggest hope is it stops people on here complaining about us being softest team to ever exist.
Gudas is deeply unlikeable. Here's a satisfying clip of Bieksa TKO-ing him.

But, we need a guy like him.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
This one is tough for me, in my 30 years of watching the Panthers, I’ve only ever owned 3 Panthers jerseys. Two Laus and one Tkachuk, but that was almost Gudas and I only went with Tkachuk because I wasn’t sure we’d hang onto Gudas. Had we re-signed him it would’ve been him. No one else made me want to get another jersey in all that time. Just he and Tkachuk. (I of course love Barkov, etc, but they’re not guys I’d buy a jersey of)

Gudas is a full team player. He’s mean af, will take you out of your seat after a big hit, will lose a fight most likely because of the big hit but will come out and throw another one right after. He’s a great guy to have and I’ll miss him. At least he’s going to one of the few other teams that I can stomach lol.

Enjoy him. Good luck next year.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Well, that won't happen. The new narrative will just be, "aside from Gudas, this is the softest team in the league"!

So you and Dracom like the signing at least in part because it brings toughness but you take a shot at the posters who have been pointing out that Ducks massive need for toughness and physicality. Makes complete sense.

The ducks could still use another scrapper who can take a regular shift. Kostin would have been perfect and the ducks should have made the trade Detroit did. Frederic would be a good choice. Hathaway would have been ok but he's gone. Reaves or Lucic on a one year deal would have been ok, though they can't really play anymore so I can understand passing on them.

Bottom line, the team is still soft, with a lot of undersized skill players (Z, Terry, Strome, Fowler, Drysdale, Nesterenko, and Strome, who sticks up for himself but you don't really want him to). Gudas will help. A healthy Carrick will help . . . if he makes the team.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

91Fedorov

Dec 30, 2013

Bottom line, the team is still soft, with a lot of undersized skill players (Z, Terry, Strome, Fowler, Drysdale, Nesterenko, and Strome, who sticks up for himself but you don't really want him to). Gudas will help. A healthy Carrick will help . . . if he makes the team.
SEE!!! I F'ckin knew it.

We're like a broken record store around here. At least some of us are.

Reactions: dracom

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
SEE!!! I F'ckin knew it.

We're like a broken record store around here. At least some of us are.

Maybe you're the one who is the broken record, refusing to acknowledge what is obvious (i.e., that the ducks are an undersized and soft team)?

To some extent, both of us are repeating ourselves. But which of us is objectively correct? I challenge anyone to show me an objective metric that shows the ducks were a physical, tough, team to play against the year+. If that's your claim, then feel free to support it.

91Fedorov

Dec 30, 2013
Maybe you're the one who is the broken record, refusing to acknowledge what is obvious (i.e., that the ducks are an undersized and soft team)?

To some extent, both of us are repeating ourselves. But which of us is objectively correct? I challenge anyone to show me an objective metric that shows the ducks were a physical, tough, team to play against the year+. If that's your claim, then feel free to support it.
I am objectively correct. Because I'm not claiming what you are accusing me of claiming.

I have never claimed that our team doesn't need more toughness. I am even clearly a fan of the Gudas signing. You're arguing against the wrong guy.

All I am claiming is that the "lack of toughness" complaining gets thrown around here to an obnoxious degree sometimes. So much so, that I made a joke saying "that crowd" will still be complaining about it right after we signed Gudas. And, here we are! My only point was to poke fun of the constant complaining.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I am objectively correct. Because I'm not claiming what you are accusing me of claiming.

I have never claimed that our team doesn't need more toughness. I am even clearly a fan of the Gudas signing. You're arguing against the wrong guy.

All I am claiming is that the "lack of toughness" complaining gets thrown around here to an obnoxious degree sometimes. So much so, that I made a joke saying "that crowd" will still be complaining about it right after we signed Gudas. And, here we are! My only point was to poke fun of the constant complaining.

So the complaining re toughness is justified . . . you just don't like the frequency. Complaining about complaining, when you agree. Makes sense.

91Fedorov

Dec 30, 2013
So the complaining re toughness is justified . . . you just don't like the frequency. Complaining about complaining, when you agree. Makes sense.
Making a joke about the complaining is more correct.

Predicting the future too. I predicted that we'd still get those same complaints, even immediately after PV signed Gudas.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
this is what the ducks have been missing.

Something that always crosses my mind when players come here after being in the league for a while is they're going to have to adjust to how this team gets penalties called against them.

If the last decade+ is any indication, dude is getting 5 and a game just for the first few seconds of that video - even if it was in the playoffs.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Something that always crosses my mind when players come here after being in the league for a while is they're going to have to adjust to how this team gets penalties called against them.

If the last decade+ is any indication, dude is getting 5 and a game just for the first few seconds of that video - even if it was in the playoffs.
Lmaoo Ive thought about that as well. F the nhl has it for us huh?

Reactions: lwvs84

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Which is hilarious because, from the little I've seen of Lukas, I could not think of somebody with a more opposite personality from him than Radko Gudas lol
But then there is Kase and Ritchie who were good friends on the Ducks and played together on both Boston and Toronto. Kase is a smarter guy & not a dirty player, Ritchie is more meathead and immature.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Are we expecting Gudas to be part of the top-4 with top-4 minutes?

• Gudas ATOI
    • 2019-20: 16:44
    • 2020-21: 17:34
    • 2021-22: 18:01
    • 2022-23: 17:22

How will the extra minutes affect his play on the ice throughout the season? Gudas played 3rd pairing with Florida.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Are we expecting Gudas to be part of the top-4 with top-4 minutes?

• Gudas ATOI
    • 2019-20: 16:44
    • 2020-21: 17:34
    • 2021-22: 18:01
    • 2022-23: 17:22

How will the extra minutes affect his play on the ice throughout the season? Gudas played 3rd pairing with Florida.

I am concerned about this as well. I like the signing and think it's exactly what the Ducks need. However, he really shouldn't be on the top pairing with Fowler. Ideally, the Ducks get two top 4 defensemen and Gudas is on the 3rd pairing. For example, they sign Dumba 1 x 5.5 and trade with Boston for 1 year of Forbort.

Fowler-Dumba
Forbort-Drysdale
Lacombe-Gudas

Reactions: Bergey37 and lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad