Radko Gudas (TB draft pick)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
has anyone seen him play that follow Tampa's farm team Syracuse play?? He gets HUGE pims each year since playing junior in Everett and since joining the AHL. Also gets somewhat decent points. Seems as though he is a pretty punishing player. Hows has he been? is there NHL potential for him??

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Boltprospects.com which is a great resource for anything TBL prospect related just tweeted this...

There may come a day very soon where Yzerman determines he can't leave Gudas in Syracuse any longer. 5th or 6th best dman in org now.

I think the Lightning would be a stronger team with Gudas-Aulie as the third pair, dropping Lee to 7. Getting close.

https://twitter.com/BoltProspects

My guess is he spends the rest of the year in Syracuse and gets top six minutes next year in Tampa Bay.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
I saw him play in Everett and thought he had NHL potential then top 4 (and I mean 4th) is probably his ceiling though, more likely a 5 or 6 guy IMO.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
He should be in the NHL next year, he might never be better than a 4th D but he is a pest and every team will hate to play against him. Will be a painful job to grind when he is on the ice. He hits and fights everything that isn't small and black :nod:. Well yeah and his beard is one of the best in prosports :handclap:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
The guy went undrafted and was apparently making a bit of a name for himself when invited to LA Kings camp. A lot of posters wanted the Kings to pick him. Is he still hitting like a freight train?

Analyzer*

The guy went undrafted and was apparently making a bit of a name for himself when invited to LA Kings camp. A lot of posters wanted the Kings to pick him. Is he still hitting like a freight train?

Yup.

Drafted as an overager and can absolutely level people. Was a good choice. There was talk on the habs board hoping to get him in the late rounds.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012

Yup doesn't care how big the guys are, he is like a bull terrier, small bad strong and aggressiv :yo:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Awesome. Glad to hear he's doing well enough (or is Tampa doing bad enough? :laugh: ) for him to get a call up.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Awesome. Glad to hear he's doing well enough (or is Tampa doing bad enough? :laugh: ) for him to get a call up.

Well Tampa's situation is nothing to make fun about :shakehead.
But to your question, he earns this callup, Tampa lacks thoughness, Defensive awareness and somebody to stand up for his teammates and of course a great beard :sarcasm: .
Gudas offers all this in one person, Tampa fans want him up since 15 games or so, because since then we suck.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
oh thats wicked... ive been hoping he would get called up.... REALLY looking forward to see if he will be a beast in NHL too... LOVE IT

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Yep, I remember him from Kings camp. Not huge, but totally fearless. The type of player fans love because he gives it everything he's got. No clue if his hockey sense and skating are enough to get him to the show... I'm still waiting for Ruslan Batyrshin to make it.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ive looked back at his previous years stats and I see he has done pretty decent offensively on the scoresheet and also when I look on the AHL website, he is up there with the leaders for shots on goal total. Is there a chance he could do quite well offensively in the NHL? You add in the fighting, high PIMS, great +- and hits, he could possibly turn into something pretty good. I think Tampa is lucky to have this guy if his play from the AHL is close to the same as when he plays in NHL

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Ive looked back at his previous years stats and I see he has done pretty decent offensively on the scoresheet and also when I look on the AHL website, he is up there with the leaders for shots on goal total. Is there a chance he could do quite well offensively in the NHL? You add in the fighting, high PIMS, great +- and hits, he could possibly turn into something pretty good. I think Tampa is lucky to have this guy if his play from the AHL is close to the same as when he plays in NHL

Don't expect too much from him on the scoresheet, I would say 20points in a 82 games season should be realistic.

His skillset has improved massivly the last two years, but he will end up as a 4/5th Dman who will bring fear in the eyes of forwards. His hitting/ defensive play is combared to the one from Scott Stevens.

Pretty good article about him
http://boltprospects.com/content/what-expect-radko-gudas

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i think this guy is perfect for Tampa... need some intimidation in their lineup with all the star power the Lightening have... If he makes big hits of fights someone that touches Stamkos/Lecavalier/Conacher/St.Louis, he will instantly be a fan favorite and a teamate favorite.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Always loved this kid. Saw him some with Everett in the WHL and was solid at the WJ's that year too. Had some massive hits in the tournament.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How'd he do last night vs. Florida????? I didnt watch the game and am very curious. I see he had a pretty good amount of ice time

Analyzer*

Stays for now at least. He's in again tonight. Should he continue to prove he is better than Bergeron and Lee then he won't be sent down. I can see him sticking.

Is that really a hard thing to do ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad