Radim Vrbata Appreciation Thread

KG

Sep 23, 2010
The good thing about Vrbata is his style of play doesn't rely on his physicality or even so much his speed. It's all hands and vision. He's the very definition of an opportunist. So, he should be productive up till the end of his career.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I still don't get why Tampa gave up on him so quickly. Glad it worked out for us and we were even able to dump our pylons to get him back.

canucks22

Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Radim the Dream baby! Not a Coyotes fan but this guy always ends up being a steal for me in fantasy leagues lol guy is a very underrated player, wish my Canucks had a guy like him in our top 6..I appreciate you Vrbata, I appreciate you a lot

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
Got to love those Czech Republic players. Vrbata was the first NHL player I meet at a signing his first season here, very nice and humble. Been a big fan ever since. We went to the Den between the 2-3 periods to pick out a player game used stick for our TV/Hockey room, I've being eyeing an Accoin oak stick but my wife want a current player one.....Verby scored his second goal while we were still looking, decision made. We got the lone Vrbata stick in there, I told my wife she jinxed him by saying "all he needs now is a hat trick" he got it before we made it back to our seats. Wow what a special souvenir and a great start to the season. Go Yotes!!!!

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
somewhere in an alternate universe Vrbata has started a Phoenix Coyote appreciation thread.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
He's currently on pace for 246 goals this season. :laugh:

I think we'd all be pretty happy with a repeat of his '11-12 production.

Either way, he needs to save some of that juice for the playoffs. :yo:

And I mean, really. We all know what move he's going to make in the shootout. Every goalie in the league knows it. Yet he still manages to sink it with regularity. What's his lifetime shootout percentage?

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
He's currently on pace for 246 goals this season. :laugh:

I think we'd all be pretty happy with a repeat of his '11-12 production.

Either way, he needs to save some of that juice for the playoffs. :yo:

And I mean, really. We all know what move he's going to make in the shootout. Every goalie in the league knows it. Yet he still manages to sink it with regularity. What's his lifetime shootout percentage?

Heck, I'd be happy if he got 80 goals this season! :laugh:

Much appreciation, Rad!

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
R_Vrbata_10-03-2013.jpgBoy does he look happy too be a Coyote and part of the Pack

Sm4ckSm4sh

This is Atomic Love
Mar 12, 2010
I still don't get why Tampa gave up on him so quickly. Glad it worked out for us and we were even able to dump our pylons to get him back.

Tampa didn't really give up on Vrbata per se. They signed him after his breakthrough season in Phoenix. He left Tampa to go back home to the Czech Republic because his wife was having complications with their baby.

When he came back the next season the didn't "want" him(bit of a fool me once, shame on you kind of deal).

Lucky for us, Tampa traded him back :yo:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Tampa didn't really give up on Vrbata per se. They signed him after his breakthrough season in Phoenix. He left Tampa to go back home to the Czech Republic because his wife was having complications with their baby.

When he came back the next season the didn't "want" him(bit of a fool me once, shame on you kind of deal).

Lucky for us, Tampa traded him back :yo:

I know about all that, but his reason for going back to the Czech Republic seemed understandable, so I don't see why they basically blacklisted him and made him find his own trade when he returned.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
At that point Vrbata had shown potential with a few different teams but had only had one good season before his move to tampa bay. It looked more a fluke than anything else. The management was going through change at that time too. If I recall that was the same time they thought bringing in Barry Melrose as the coach was a good idea.

It worked out well in the end because we were able to get him back and dump Fedoruk and Hale.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad