Rumor: Radim Vrbata 1 year deal with Coyotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
He was ****ing terrible for us last season (partially due to our meme of a coach), but I wish him the best in Arizona. I think he's going to be motivated and good due to it being a one year deal. He's not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Vrbata would probably be decent as a 3rd liner on the right side for Arizona, and is an option on the 2nd line if Tobias Rieder ends up holding out for a new contract.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Don't let the Bubbles look fool you, John Shannon is tied in with some of the top NHL hierarchy. "no joke" He's actually a very well liked guy with a great sense of humor.

We're forced to listen to Shannon alot in Toronto. He doesn't even come to mind at all when discussing insider info. Not even on the radar.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Vrbata would probably be decent as a 3rd liner on the right side for Arizona, and is an option on the 2nd line if Tobias Rieder ends up holding out for a new contract.
Rieder is a LW, Vrbata RW... Rieder will resign the $ are very close. Vrby likely 2RW

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The real Vrbeauty! He'll be much better in the sunshine again. Better environment for him. Being in Vancouver probably depressed him.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Vrbata did well there . Don't get why they dumped Vermette though cause Vermette can play wing too

I don't think Vermette ever played wing in AZ, and even if he moved to it, he's left handed. The Yotes lack right handed wingers. Only have Doan and White.

Also Vermette played like crap last year. If he wasn't taking penalties he was completely invisible until Tanguay showed up. He had 14 of his 38 points after Tanguay showed up and the games were meaningless.

Vrbata has a lot better chance of putting up 40+ points this year than Vermette.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
its funny, i wonder if there was ever an example of a 2-year UFA deal that had such a swing in value from one to the other ...

31g, 32a for 63 and +6 in 79gp, vs
13g, 14a for 27 and -30 in 63gp

if he had replicated that first year, what might've the Nux have gotten for him at the TDL..?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
im surprised no team has signed him yet. I thought a contender would have given him a shot on a 1 year deal.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't hate this for Arizona, but why get rid of Vermette then?

Tons of center prospects in the pipeline and Vermette's nosediving production + skyrocketing liability on the ice. Also, ARI is staggeringly low on RW depth, so spending that money on Vrbata makes a lot more sense.

Could absolutely see a 1yr 2-2.5mil deal.

I'd say 1 year/2 million.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
its funny, i wonder if there was ever an example of a 2-year UFA deal that had such a swing in value from one to the other ...

31g, 32a for 63 and +6 in 79gp, vs
13g, 14a for 27 and -30 in 63gp

if he had replicated that first year, what might've the Nux have gotten for him at the TDL..?

He he had replicated his first year, the Canucks would have been much closer to a playoff team at the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad