Radel Fazleev - C - 6'0" - 176 - Calgary WHL - 2014 pick (6-168)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I agree with 99 percent of what you say on this forum but this time we don't line up at all. The kid was picked based on prep school highschool numbers looked like crap in his prospect camp (doesn't even get invited anymore) and can barely crack the lineup in college.

Yeah I hear ya, it was definitely a swing or miss pick & two years later proved to be bad pick but I didn't have a problem with it at the time. I just didn't think it was fair to compare him to Matt Clackson who was a 4th line goon at best.

Anyway I agree with your other post I think there's something here with this kid. I think I like him better than any of our picks not counting Sanheim.

rk5n

Dec 26, 2011
How often did he play with Virtanen? Can't be too much if there's only two highlights he's involved in

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
One more pick to go but so far I like this group. They are all legit players who could develop into something. No Placek, Forbes, Magarrell, Clackson kind of garbage that can never amount to anything. Add this guy to the growing list of Flyer picks that finish their season a strong note

He actually looked pretty promising initially for a 6th rounder.

I think the Flyers misjudged Placek's dedication to hockey. Looking at his career now it seems like he used hockey only to get himself an ivy league scholarship, it's education first, hockey second for him.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
On Fazleev. Seems like most scouting reports were positive. Most said he wasnt a burner but a good skater with good speed. His main problem was that he had problems adjusting to the NA game which seems like he got better during playoffs. Read some reports saying he was their best player in playoffs. He was drafted very high in the KHL draft also. He really could be a sleeper. He is also listed as a LW so yet another one of those "plays many positions" at forward.

Common thing among almost all our drafted players. Really started to come on in the end. LOVE this draft!!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
good player, missed half the season with a broken wrist but came back right before the playoffs and looked good. Will have a better idea of him this coming year with less veteran players on the team. Expect him to score 25G's 35A's. His skating isnt bad but he doesnt look to have top end speed, kind of medicore in that regard. Great hands though.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Yeah I hear ya, it was definitely a swing or miss pick & two years later proved to be bad pick but I didn't have a problem with it at the time. I just didn't think it was fair to compare him to Matt Clackson who was a 4th line goon at best.

Anyway I agree with your other post I think there's something here with this kid. I think I like him better than any of our picks not counting Sanheim.

I for sure see what you mean. Yeah Clackson and Placek were two different kinds of throw away picks for me. Clacksons ceiling was so low that there was absolutely no point in picking him and PP was a prep school pick who had no desires to ever make the NHL and from what we saw in prospect camp, very little experience.

It sure seems like this year Hexy put a big value on two things, both of which I like
1) late surges
2) dedication to the game

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Broke his finger early in the series. Most people who watched said it really hindered him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
What about him into Play-Offs? Who watched? His stats perplexed me
Got hurt in game 1. Made very little impact after that. He is a pretty inconsistent offensive player, but he does enough of the little things to where he could be a regular NHLer at some point- likely on the 4th line. Needs to improve his skating if he wants to play above the 4th line imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad