Radek Faksa relishing chance to silence critics during time with Dallas Stars

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'm really enjoying watching him, and honestly, I don't think I want to see him sent down once our injured players comeback. I really believe letting him stay up in the NHL will be more beneficial for his career. I love fiddler but I think he can replaced fidds in time

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've been pretty happy with him as well. He certainly hasn't looked out of place.

But there's just too huge of a logjam at forward (we've got four out at the moment), and he'll probably be sent down for the same reasons McKenzie started in the AHL.

He's been good, but not good enough. Yet.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I've been pretty happy with him as well. He certainly hasn't looked out of place.

But there's just too huge of a logjam at forward (we've got four out at the moment), and he'll probably be sent down for the same reasons McKenzie started in the AHL.

He's been good, but not good enough. Yet.

Can't even think of our line up if healthy... Excited for Ritchie to come back though :yo:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I'm gonna go ahead and eat some crow on Faksa. I was unimpressed with what I had seen on him in the A, and discounted others on these boards as well as coaches who liked his game despite his lack of offensive production. He really does do a lot of the little things right, faceoffs, defensive play, puck production, solid skating, strong on his skates, and kills penalties. I don't think he's going to ever be an offensive force, but he will be a great role player for us and a cheaper alternative to one of our vets in the near future.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If we're continuing the "Compare us the Chicago" trend, he'll be similar to Kruger.

I like that comparison regardless, though.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Looks just like he was projected - a good third line center. Looks NHL ready to me, haven't backed up the eye test with possession stats.

Only problem is, he may still be injury prone, which would keep him in a rotation, rather than full time. In best case, some fans want him to take the 3C, and trade Eakin for D, which actually seems feasible based on early play, and if you presume Eakin isn't our number one center......

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
Can someone give a report about Faksa? How is he playing, what kind of player he will be in couple years, does Stars need him.. weaknesses and so on?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Can someone give a report about Faksa? How is he playing, what kind of player he will be in couple years, does Stars need him.. weaknesses and so on?

He's a big man, pretty strong on his skates and he puts it to good use. I doubt there will be much offense coming, but I think he'd look good on a cycling line with Ritchie and McKenzie. He's ready to replace Fiddler right now, and he should be the 4C out of the gate next year. Probably not much value to anybody's fantasy team, but size at center is a big deal in the Western Conference and he looks like a great bottom 6 player going forward.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Better defensively than Eakin with lesser offensive instincts. A poor mans Martin Hanzal if you will.

He should be the teams #3 Center(next Year although with Ruffs love for Eakin who knows), especially in regards to a "shutdown" role. I'd be shocked if he's not ready for that role by mid season

Last edited by a moderator:

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Gotta love the little things Faksa does. On that Val goal, he puts a workman's effort into winning the offensive zone face off...kicking the puck back to our D. Then he plants himself in the crease for the screen. No assist on the play, but that goal doesn't happen without Faksa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad