Speculation: Racine on his way to Florida

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Racine wasn't in the lineup today, despite the team being severely shorthanded on the blue line.

And then there was this:

Nice. I think we need to get tougher overall and he brings some of that, even if it's only for a short time.

Any word on Petro's injury?

-ghoste

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
We'll get a look at him. He's a tough customer for sure. I think the most in the system.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Paige Lewis tweeted out "JONATHAN RACINE!" about an hour ago..

Then deleted it. So, something is happening with Racine.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Racine is 6'2 and 200+, definitely not undersized.

This is the guy I've wanted to see for a while up here. Big, tough guy who plays responsible defense, something that none of our defenders seem to do.

Really hope he does well.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
This a B2B so likely he'll start v the Isles. Isles were acting up last time we played so his presence will be welcomed.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
He's big and mean, excited to see how he'll do while he's up. My friend asked who was in a fight at the Bruins-Panthers scrimmage, I said probably Racine. Fight ended and we saw his back, my friend laughed. He's getting into hockey, didn't know the guys yet.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I was just thinking about this player last week. I was wondering if he'd get a shot this season. I look forward to watching him as I've heard he mean.

oNLy1cube

Sep 12, 2011
I'm assuming he had a bad game based on the posts made earlier in the day. Couldn't catch the game myself so if anyone can fill us in on how he looked overall tonight.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I'm assuming he had a bad game based on the posts made earlier in the day. Couldn't catch the game myself so if anyone can fill us in on how he looked overall tonight.

IMO, he was fine, nothing flashy, but solid. The penalty call in the first was a rather weak call on a nice hit on Clutterbuck along the boards. Other than that, the only other play I can recall noticing him on (for doing something largely significant) was when he misplayed a pass to the point and got outskated to retrieve the puck in our zone. He recovered well however, and the play wouldn't have led to a goal, except that Gudbranson decided to chase the puck as well and Clem gave up a bad rebound. All in all a pretty solid performance from a guy in his NHL debut. Very physical, which is something this team needs more of.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He didn't look bad last night. Definitely needs a couple years in the AHL, but I like what I saw (potential) in him.

Physical defensive D-man for the 3rd pairing.

EnforceTheLaus

Nov 3, 2013
I see him being a physical pest like Gudas. He layed some great hits and got under the skin of quite few guys.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Anyone else concerned with the skating ability of Petrovic, Racine and especially Robak?

They all appear to be average to below average skaters right now.

In today's NHL, there's a huge need for mobility on the back end and I think we're hurting in that department right now outside of Campbell and Kuli.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Anyone else concerned with the skating ability of Petrovic, Racine and especially Robak?

They all appear to be average to below average skaters right now.

In today's NHL, there's a huge need for mobility on the back end and I think we're hurting in that department right now outside of Campbell and Kuli.

Matheson is an elite skater.

GMDT almost only drafts big guys. Gudbranson is a very good skater for his size

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad