Race to the bottom - Rebuild thread #2.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Not necessarily a tank thread, but this team hasn't been good this season at all.

The core of this team is flawed in my opinion.

The forward group is built around a productive, but soft one-dimensional winger who has a tendency to disappear when the games get physical and tight.

There's no #1C, With absolutely no one coming in the pipeline who will be able to fill the void down the road.

The defense is built around Dion Phaneuf, who may be a top pairing guy, albeit not a true #1 in my opinion. His leadership has often been questioned throughout his career and while he does an admirable job for the leafs, he isn't a true workhorse who you can rely on for 25 minutes or more a night and when he does play that much, there's a noticeable drop off in his play.

The only reason the team has even a somewhat respectable record is because of the goalies and it's only a matter of time before they get worn out and fall back down to earth.

It's time to sell high on our assets and capitalize on Phaneuf, Kessel, Raymond, etc having strong starts ti the season and accelerate the process a bit.

Mar 26, 2010
Rebuild #2? The Leafs never did the 1st one to begin. It was Burke's garbage half assed "fast" rebuild. It was absolute ****! The best thing the new owners did was ship that dinosaur out of here.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Not necessarily a tank thread, but this team hasn't been good this season at all.

The core of this team is flawed in my opinion.

The forward group is built around a productive, but soft one-dimensional winger who has a tendency to disappear when the games get physical and tight.

There's no #1C, With absolutely no one coming in the pipeline who will be able to fill the void down the road.

The defense is built around Dion Phaneuf, who may be a top pairing guy, albeit not a true #1 in my opinion. His leadership has often been questioned throughout his career and while he does an admirable job for the leafs, he isn't a true workhorse who you can rely on for 25 minutes or more a night and when he does play that much, there's a noticeable drop off in his play.

The only reason the team has even a somewhat respectable record is because of the goalies and it's only a matter of time before they get worn out and fall back down to earth.

It's time to sell high on our assets and capitalize on Phaneuf, Kessel, Raymond, etc having strong starts ti the season and accelerate the process a bit.

If a rebuild is necessary, Kessel is signed for 8 years, and the cap is going up, I think he can be a vital piece with JVR, Kadri, Rielly and a few more who happen to be here.

Mar 26, 2010
....still in a playoff spot

Not good enough Sabre... this team is in BIG trouble clearly. They will be officially out in another few games.

It is time to hit the Panic button! :help:

Last edited:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Teams will trade players with skill.

Teams will trade players that have heart and character.

Good luck finding a team willing to trade anyone with all 3.:(

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
We will not tank or rebuild. Sorry tank nation.

HAHA I 'm not sure this roster can prevent the inevitable.

How many games have we lost lately to the other teams back up tenders?

You know your in a bad spot when other teams don't see fit to use their starter against you.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
This team is the same as the raptors.

Middle of the pack team.

Tank for McDavid.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I honestly wouldnt even care if we stripped everything down and did a proper rebuild through the draft, the benefits would be totally worth it...Just look at Chicago... Must be nice.

DaveT83*

Anyone that doesn't support a FULL tank - should be ashamed of themselves.

Last year was another huge missed opportunity - to get spanked and embarrassed in the worst collapse the NHL has ever seen in Game 7.

1. Colorado, Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax (QMJHL).

2. Florida, Aleksander Barkov, C, Tappara (Finland).

3. Tampa Bay, Jonathan Drouin, Halifax (QMJHL).

4. Nashville, Seth Jones, D, Portland (WHL).

5. Carolina, Elias Lindholm, C, Brynas (Sweden).

6. Calgary, Sean Monahan, C, Ottawa (OHL).

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
This team is the same as the raptors.

Middle of the pack team.

Tank for McDavid.

I don't even think they're middle of the pack to be honest. Our goalies have played out of their minds for the first part of the season and they still couldn't win consistently. Now that the goaltending is starting to regress, the leafs are piling up losses consistently and showing just how bad this team truly is.

They're bottom 10, with a chance at a lottery pick imo.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
After this stretch, where this team loses every game, I see us being just above Calgary for 6th worst team in the NHL. A top pick really isn't a stretch at this point, this team has been awful almost the entire season.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
When people say completely rebuild, is there anyone you want to keep? This isn't 2008, there are some pieces this time. A rebuild may be necessary, but there are some good pieces to keep. Everyone has to at least love that JVR!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad