Post-Game Talk: Raanta shuts out the Kings, 1-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
If Toews doesn't get up from that cheap shot you may change that holier than thou attitude. Q needs to seriously consider going back to playing Bickell on the first line, when we are playing these type of teams. Let ops know that we won't tolerate them taking liberties against our top players. Your post sounds very nice, but some of these teams and players will get an edge any way possible, including targeting and attempting to injure the Toews and Kanes of the world.

Why would you want a player playing as horribly as Bickle to garner MORE minuts, let alone first line minutes? That makes no sense.

The second bold is a common misnomer in the hockey world. Brian Bickell, John Scott, or even Bob ****ing Probert would have ZERO effect on the amount of runs taken at our players. The players and teams that do that kind of stuff do so because they are generally tough SOBs that don't give two *****. Tough guys aren't afraid of other tough guys, and playing a tough guy that's a horrible hockey player (like John Scott) is a waste of a roster spot. When Scott was here it had absolutely zero effect on how other teams played us. None! Putting Bickell on the first line doesn't alleviate a "problem", it creates a new one.

CertainAffinity*

If Toews doesn't get up from that cheap shot you may change that holier than thou attitude. Q needs to seriously consider going back to playing Bickell on the first line, when we are playing these type of teams. Let ops know that we won't tolerate them taking liberties against our top players. Your post sounds very nice, but some of these teams and players will get an edge any way possible, including targeting and attempting to injure the Toews and Kanes of the world.

Good thing it wasn't a cheap shot.

I have no problem with the Hawks responding to hard clean hits with hard clean hits of their own. It's usually pretty hard/pointless for the Hawks to do though, cause we usually have the puck most of the night and you don't throw hits when you have the puck.

The notion that putting physical players into the lineup is going to deter physical teams from being physical is legitimately asinine. The Kings, Blues, etc are always going to try and hit our players, because that's their entire gameplan. The notion that 'oh, ****, they've put somebody bigger on the line, damn, gotta completely rethink our entire gameplan and team persona now' is hilarious. :laugh:

Putting Bickell on the top line right now would be a baaaaaaaaaad idea given that he hasn't been playing particularly well off his injury yet. Moreover, the Sharp/Toews/Hossa line is dominating possession in the league, so breaking that up now would be idiotic.

If Bickell gets back to playing like he did last year, and stops being a perimeter player that's soft on the puck, then I wouldn't have a problem with putting up there alongside Kane and Toews if the Toews line ever slows down or needs a shake-up.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Just like many of us figured would happen, the Bickell dissing has continued again this season. You'd think these folks would learn by now.
As I said, a couple of months ago, BB is not getting the open ice he got when Stalberg was on his line, but the team is scoring enough. His value to this team is more than on the scoreboard. Our stars need someone to watch their backs against the thuggery that we see from certain teams. Hockey is more than stats.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Get Hockeystreams. It's cheaper, is great quality, has minor league games that gamecenter doesn't have, will have Olympic hockey that GC won't have, there's no blackouts, and...the deal maker IMO is the ability to "pause" your account. In other words you can watch 6 mos of hockey, pause your account, and resume the next season. You can essentially watch 2 seasons of hockey for 109 bux. That my friends is a steal (both figuratively and literally).

Always forget about that site.... I'm going to take the plunge. I didn't realize until today that you can watch thru an Xbox, iPad, and stuff like that. Thanks for reminding me about that site. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad