Draft R4 #112: Rangers select Giant Canadian Goalie (Talyn Boyko)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Any chance he goes back to junior as an overager?
I bet he gets to be given a look at Hartford. I doubt he starts in the ECHL but who knows what the Rangers organization is thinking. He did look alright against the Flyers prospect games before camp started.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
That is surprising. Seemed like fairly pedestrian numbers last year with Kelowna, too. I figure he'll start with Jacksonville since he'd be behind Garand and Domingue at the least. Is Hartford going to carry 3 goalies?

Six goalies under contract in total now. Ollas is the only unsigned goaltender.
Lindbom will be in the ECHL most likely and let go in the future. Not a fan. Ollas should be signed after his 4 years of school. Why rush him with the depth Rangers have.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
He signed his ELC today, somewhat surprisingly.

...I figure he'll start with Jacksonville since he'd be behind Garand and Domingue at the least. Is Hartford going to carry 3 goalies? ...

I had assumed Hartford would send Lindbom to Jacksonville, and roll with Garand and Domingue. But now with Boyko signed, it seems likely that Lindbom would stay in Hartford, since Jacksonville has Gahagen and longtime ECHL veteran Charles Williams. So both affiliates would then go with three, unless someone is loaned out to another organization.

He played great last year, he's our MVP last season. His regular season SV is as good as Cossa after he arrived Kelowna. Just Rockets' skaters didn't help him a lot…

if that is the plan then I'm not sure why they'd sign him at this stage. His contract doesn't slide so to sign him then send him back to the WHL, wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense for the Rangers.

i think he gets sent back to WHL, that this signing changes nothing regarding this year

he earned ELC with his very strong season after the trade last year,
SeasonTeamLgeGPAPIMMinGAENSOGAAWLTSvsPct
2021-22Kelowna RocketsWHL46022712126122.792812413190.913
and showing enough in camp confirming that's what he is.

last couple years NYR has not waited long to ELC guys who've played well.

Grubbe probably not til March 1st tho, so it starts in a year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad