Draft R4 #111: Rangers select C Noah Laba (Lincoln Stars, USHL)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Never heard or seen this guy. Thought there some interesting wingers on the board like Wagner, Seminoff, Jelsma maybe Hejduk.

For USHL, I would have looked at Bump. Laba from Michigan. Maybe he is friends with Trouba too

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Don’t really understand the value proposition here unless there’s explicit information that another organization(s) have him pegged in Round 4 as well.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
"He’s big, strong, skates well, has got good puck skills, and just as important he is an outstanding young man who will help elevate the culture we are looking to create” Michael continued. “The thing we noticed a lot is he seemed to always have the puck or the puck found him, which told us he has the willingness to go to the right areas of the rink and play inside the dots."

this is literally all I found on him

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
"He’s big, strong, skates well, has got good puck skills, and just as important he is an outstanding young man who will help elevate the culture we are looking to create” Michael continued. “The thing we noticed a lot is he seemed to always have the puck or the puck found him, which told us he has the willingness to go to the right areas of the rink and play inside the dots."

He sounds like a really nice guy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Who is Michael?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Would guess looking at his stats they think this kid could turn into a bottom line player?

Who knows

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
71U+hQVbbQL._SL1500_.jpg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Seems like the plan this year is "we have our stars, let's get cheap depth" which is cool and nothing could go wrong.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
To keep the age thing in perspective, he's only like 3 weeks older than Brody Lamb, who was an upside project that we drafted last year, and who also played in the USHL last year and is starting his NCAA career in the fall. He's also a couple weeks younger than Jaroslav Chmelar, another project from last draft who spent the year in Finnish juniors.

Reactions: DanishRanger

dshea19

Jun 9, 2015
I think “pain in the ass to play against” is what got him drafted here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad