GDT: R3G2: Oilers @ Avs: *First to 1,000,000* (8pm ET)

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Playing Jack Johnson again means you have no intention on winning.
Jack Johnson had the best high danger scoring chance percentage of any Avs defenseman in Game 1 at 60%.

It's probably a meaningless statistic, but I think we're scapegoating him.

If anyone deserves to come out of the lineup from Game 1, it's Manson, who had a nightmarish game. Bad reads, bad plays, lack of basic defending.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
The fact we've made it this far with average to below average goaltending is really a testament of how good this team is. I really hope Frankie takes the reigns here. I've seen crazier things happen before. Maybe iust maybe we catch lightning in a bottle.
I totally agree with the bolded. As for the other I could care less on who does it, but we need someone to give confidence in making a key save on occasion.

If they continue to leak like this and we overcome it, great, I’m ok with that too lol.

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
If Josh Manson can clean up his game, the Avs should be better defensively tonight. The Evander Kane and Zach Hyman goals were 100% preventable because of horrible Manson reads. Especially the Kane goal. No idea what he was thinking.
He knew he had JMFJ to his left and he cheated over there because the puck was coming from there and he thought he needed to help on that point pinch. It was a play really caused in his head due to JMFJ being his partner. Manson tends to lose focus and loves to pinch at the wrong times (he gets away with it more often than not)- if he would just drop back and learn to fight another day.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Really, Bedz? Play the matchup, man!

MacDonald has been in the lineup before. We know he is solid and can skate. You are missing G, and the best possible replacement for G is MacDonald. You need a puck mover to play with Manson, not an anchor.

I wish he and the organization could realize this but they won't.

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
Francouz doesn't have to block every shot. Just display a warrior mentality, keep fighting calmly and grimly. If the Avs can't provide the support it's on them. But they can and have fed on Francouz's demeanor.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad