GDT: R2G4 - Stars @ Avs - The Gang makes a GDT

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This game tonight should be the wakeup call the organization needs. Big changes are needed.

Bednar has to go. It's not even close. The guys are severely underperforming. He can't get them going. Time to get someone new. They are not responding to the message. Not even sure who to target, but not Bednar and the piece of shit assistants. Maybe my personal feelings are coming into play but I'd be calling Carle down the road and see if he has interest. Hate to say it but even Babcock would be worth a call. Keefe wouldn't be awful not his fault that his core is somehow softer than ours.

Rantanen has to go.

George has to go.

Don't know what to do about Nuke.

Don't know what to do about Landy.

Drouin is a must re-sign.

A top tier goalie is a must.

Last edited:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I've mentioned a few times this season that we're the 2022 Oilers - we're not. They at least looked competitive against us. We're just being toyed with by the Stars. Joke of a team with no effort or heart.

Feel bad for Parise. Picked the wrong horse. Should have gone with his buddy Suter

Reactions: paganini11

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
This may sound melodramatic but I've never been more disappointed as a fan of this team in my entire life. I didn't just lose a lot of respect for these guys as hockey players but as men as well.

To have absolutely zero push back, to cave the second things get tough, to have zero pride in your work ethic, to give up literally before the game starts.. it's literally the exact opposite to what my parents instilled into me and that I'm trying to pass onto my kids. "Oh you got a C on that math quiz? Well I guess you better just pout and not try on the next one. Trying is pointless since you'll just fail anyways". Absolute loser mentality.

I know it's "just a game" and my life will go on tomorrow but I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever questioned why type of human beings are on this team. What kind of men are you? Because that was pathetic.
Amen brother!

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can we get rid of Nuke ( still hurts me to say it) and get Stamkos if he’s not resigning with Bolts?

James G

Jan 1, 2018
How and what they have been conditioned (taught) to play is not working against Dallas.

And they don't know what else to do. This is where you need a coach who can adjust to new conditions on the fly.

Bednar is NOT that guy.

And these guys know it. Hence they know they are ef'd.

It’s odd to me that 90% of this board wanted to play our 4/5th (?) string goalie instead of George after game 1 of the playoffs. I suspect Bednar had something to do with our #1’s confidence.

Now he has had to deal with everyone else not hanging their head? Fair. I guess he has no answer for the great PDB. He should have certainly told them, perhaps even called a time out to reinforce the message - hit the net When you shoot, especially on the power play, try not to allow them to outshoot you on the PP, certainly not a SH goal, and oh - no more too many men and delay of game calls like game 3. That should fix things. 👍

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Can we get rid of Nuke ( still hurts me to say it) and get Stamkos if he’s not resigning with Bolts?
Not really...

If they could dump Nuke without any cap penalty, that would enable us to basically keep the guys we have now, but absolutely no space to bring anyone else in. It would essentially cover Landy's LTIR money.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If the salary cap was like 100m, sure
I mean I’m assuming we get rid of Nuke and his salary. How much is Stamkos gonna make at his age? He’s 34

That's why I wanted Vegas, The Avs just cannot beat a Pete Deboer team.
I wanted Vegas too, but we probably wouldn’t beat them either with all the Nuke situation

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
In my defense, Oettinger is not the one who’s beating the Avs. He’s been solid but Avs have been playing like shit all series and per usual, we get key injuries and troubled players on drugs
Eh, I think he's in their head to some extent. Trying to cut shots too fine, hence missing the net a lot

Reactions: the_fan

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That's why I wanted Vegas, The Avs just cannot beat a Pete Deboer team.
This is literally garbage. DoBoer has lucked his way into some wins against the Avs. He's yet to have to deal with a Avs team at 100%.

DoBoer isn't our nemesis or anything we just can't field a full team against him.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Time to get someone new. They are not responding to the message. Not even sure who to target, but not Bednar and the piece of shit assistants. Maybe my personal feelings are coming into play but I'd be calling Carle down the road and see if he has interest. Hate to say it but even Babcock would be worth a call. Keefe wouldn't be awful not his fault that his core is somehow softer than ours.
My man. Always delivering the comedy gold after a tough loss

Reactions: Avs44

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Bednar hinted that Val may not be with the Avs anymore. He said he’s wishing him and his family the best whether he’s with the Avs or another team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad